Menu
jacqui_coffin
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no dial tone

My phone hasn't had a dial tone for several days. When some one tries to phone me they go straight to voice mail.

I have tested the phone with cable at a friend's house and they work fine. I have checked that the cable is in its socket and attached to the phone correctly. I have also checked the power cable, that's fine too. I have checked the service status via the website and that says it is working ok.

Online chat seems to be permanently unavailable, I have tried it numerous times. I am reluctant to use a mobile or payphone, because of the potential cost. I think I can book a engineer online but I just want to check that my line just hasn't been switched off by accident or something.

I have recently received a reminder about my annual landline subscription, due in two weeks - making me wonder if someone has been a little too eager and disconnected me. There are a lot of road works going on at the end of our road. Cables could easily be disrupted,  but I would have thought that this would show up on the online status check.

Any advice on how to proceed appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: no dial tone

HI jacui_coffin

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service. 

I've located your account to take a closer look and run some tests on the line and we're not detecting any errors. That being said, as you've already tested your handset I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this Jacqui

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI jacui_coffin

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service. 

I've located your account to take a closer look and run some tests on the line and we're not detecting any errors. That being said, as you've already tested your handset I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

jacqui_coffin
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dear Craig,

Thank you for your help and apologies for being slow to respond. I have taken your advice and booked an engineer. 

Once again, thank you.

Kindest Regards,

Jacqui

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this Jacqui

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
jacqui_coffin
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Craig,
I was able to book an engineer online within a couple of days and at a convenient time. He was very polite and helpful. It was apparently an exchange point which was promptly replaced. So I now have a working phone.
Thank you for your advice.
Jacqui
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jaqui

Excellent news, thank you for taking the time to let me know.

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Crfaig

0 Kudos