Menu
alisarmic
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no dial tone

for a couple of days now we have had a problem with no dial tone on our phone, we hear a rapid beeping sound, we can make and receive calls though. Tried to test line and called 150 but no one to speak to unless prepared to wait a long time

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: no dial tone

Hi Alisarmic

I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently. 

I've located your account to run some tests on the line from our end and we're not detecting any errors. Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset on your line or your handset on an alternate line? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
alisarmic
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

alisarmic here, we have a BT 8610 digital cordless phone with two slave phones in other rooms, all phones make the same noise and no dialling tone, I will get another phone and try that. This is in reply to your previous message

Thanks Alec

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alec

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I'm looking forward to hearing how the other handset goes and we'll be here to help to get this resolved should it give you the same result.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
alisarmic
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

plugged in another phone and its no different

thanks Alec

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello alisarmic,

Craig_D is away at the moment so I hope you don't mind if I respond.

What I would like to do next is to arrange for one of our engineers to check your telephone line so I'm just going to send a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos