Menu
hic36
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no dial tone on landline, so cant dial customer service!

Please can someone help, I have had no dial tone on my landline for the last few days - maybe even a week.  If I do the service check on line it tells me there is no problem, however if you ring the number from elsewhere it just rings and goes to voicemail.  How can I contact customer service if I cannot get a dial tone on my landline!  Have even bought a new phone, but it is still not working - at a loss as I have tried all the usual things.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: no dial tone on landline, so cant dial customer service!

Hello hic36,

Thanks for posting in the community and I'm sorry to learn that you're without a landline at the moment.

I have run a test on the line and I'm unable to find any faults in the area which could be causing this so I would like to arrange for a technician to visit your property.

I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen. 

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello hic36,

Thanks for posting in the community and I'm sorry to learn that you're without a landline at the moment.

I have run a test on the line and I'm unable to find any faults in the area which could be causing this so I would like to arrange for a technician to visit your property.

I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen. 

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
hic36
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK fast forward a week, engineer came out on 2nd March replaced phone socket and all was working well, until this last week Tue/Wed and boom, its not working again!!!  Exact same problem.  Really not happy now this is ridiculous still can't dial out so would appreciate contact from mods to try and sort this problem again. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi hic36

I'm so sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with your phone line. 

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look and run some tests on the line from our end for you. We're seeing some errors being reported and I'd like to arrange for a senior engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? 

I can't apologise enough for the level of service you've received, it's certainly not something we want for any of our customers. I've sent you information regarding the appointment in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
changr66
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have same problem - perhaps two weeks or more as I don't use land line - used my mobile to call customer service on 0345 454 1111 - both times just a robot telling me my line is fine and online the test just sticks at 99% - is there a way to talk to a human being at Virgin?

0 Kudos