Menu
DavidB58
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

new phone service

Hello, I've just signed up after being offered a nice introductory discount and had the new service installed but I've been told there is "no capacity" for the phone service. The trouble is Virgin still want to charge me for it! I could cancel it but then I'd loose the discount! So I seem to be in the position of paying Virgin for something I'm not getting and still having to pay BT for the phone! I've escalated this upto "complaints" but from the conversation I had with their operative I don't hold out much hope!

So far Virgin make BT look user friendly - I didn't think that could be possible!!

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks, David

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: new phone service

You should be refunded for the months you are not able to use your phoneline. VM can & have done this with other customers.

As far as telephone capacity is concerned, this cannot be increased in many areas due to the way the network was built. The only option being to wait until another customer on your cabinet leaves Virgin.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should be refunded for the months you are not able to use your phoneline. VM can & have done this with other customers.

As far as telephone capacity is concerned, this cannot be increased in many areas due to the way the network was built. The only option being to wait until another customer on your cabinet leaves Virgin.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
DavidB58
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, that's what I expected so let's see if it happens. It's very helpful to know others have been offered that, thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi DavidB58

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the trouble you've received in getting your phone line up and running.

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been escalated and I'd love to hear how it goes, if you want me to chase this up for you at any time or assist you in any way I can, just let me know here and I'll get right to it.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DavidB58
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig, nice of you to offer to help. Let's see what happens.

0 Kudos
DavidB58
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I'm afraid that I haven't heard anything from the "customer operations" despite being told they'd get back to me within 7 working days. Is this something you can help me with? The thought of hanging on the phone and being put through to numerous different operators, listening to untold recorded messages doesn't really excite me!

Many thanks

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

Sorry to hear about the continued issues with your service, from looking at your account I can see that the request for a line as soon as there are no capacity issues has been placed.

As soon as there's room available, a member of the team will be in touch to let you know about when we can expect it to start working.

Massive apologies again for the inconvenience you've experienced in trying to get this sorted out. I'm confident the team will be in touch soon.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DavidB58
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

The problem is that I'm paying for a phone service from Virgin that I haven't got (see first email) and no one from customer services has been in touch despite being assured their complaints procedure required Virgin to contact me in 7 working days. But thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Do you know how I can escalate this to the next level - assuming I won't be ignored there too?

Thanks, David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

Thanks for the response, from looking at your account I can see there have been credits added to your account during August for the same reason, those credits add to an amount which is more than is being paid for the phone line.

Removing the phone line from the package would also remove the bundle discount so in most cases, it causes the bill to be higher if the line isn't showing as active on our accounts.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience being caused, we're looking forward to getting this sorted.

Craig

0 Kudos
DavidB58
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Hi Craig,

The credits were agreed with the salesperson to compensate for the cost of cancelling the BT line which I had paid a year in advance, they do not take into account cost for the call plan etc. Also I still haven't had a response from the customer complaints team which is in Virgin's own complaints protocol. Also, you will see from previous comments in this thread that Virgin do pay for the additional costs in these cases as they should because they have a contractual obligation to provide what they promised. To make matters worse when I pointed out to one of the salepersons that there were cheaper options without the sports TV bit she said that wasn't available to me because I wasn't a new customer!!!!. I'm not sure of your status here - are you an official Virgin spokesman or just a helpful person?

All in all this is not a satisfactory situation and I don't see any movement on it getting sorted.

Kind regards, David

0 Kudos