Menu
tinman2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

my home handset on Virgin landline

Recently changed provider to Virgin. My home handset on Virgin landline is ringing when phoned from from various callers landlines and mobiles but will not ring when I or my wife phone home from our 3 mobile phone ?  Is there a compatability problem with Virgin and our 3 mobile provider  ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: my home handset on Virgin landline

HI tinman2016

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your home phone, it's certainly a strange one.

What happens when you try to dial your number from the mobile? Do you get an error message on the mobile at all? Are you able to call other landline numbers on your 3 mobile? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tinman2016
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig , thanks for the reply.

When we try phoning our Virgin landline home phone from our 3 mobiles we can hear the ringing tone on our mobile as if the house phone is ringing but at home nothing is  happening ,even the Answerphone doesnt come on yet it does when our son phones us on his EE mobile . We can use our 3 mobile phones successfully to phone other peoples landline and mobiles.

We transferred our home phone number from our old provider ,Utility Warehouse, on December 28 2016 , however we had a problem initially that we were able to ring out on our landline ok to any number but we were not able to  receive incoming calls from anywhere as the house phone wasnt ringing .After many daily phone calls to Virgin where we were passed from department to department and were told consistently" it would be resoved in 24 hours " We had to wait until Wednesday 3 January before this was resolved. An engineer phoned us to say that he had sorted the problem ( something about a wrong selection on a swtch ???? ) . We thought then that all was ok ......until we tried to phone home on our mobiles.........I have spoken to Virgin about this latest problem and was told that this was not their fault and to contact 3. I find this a bit puzzling as we were having no issues phoning home before the transfer from U.W. ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
tinman2016
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

forgot to mention that I canphone out from my Virgin home landline to our mobile 3 handsets with no problem
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi tinman2016

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry again for the inconvenience you've been experiencing.

I've located your account and tested your line from our end, we're not detecting any errors at the moment. With that in mind, I'd agree that giving 3 a call to ask if their aware of any issues would be a good idea.

I've also requested that a member of our back office team take a look at this, it's unlikely to be an issue they can help with but if there's anything they can do, they'll be in touchMan Happy

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tinman2016
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, .many thanks again for replying. I will contact 3 and see if they can help in any way .

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know tinman2016

I'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should there be anything I'm ble to assist with moving forward.

Craig

0 Kudos
tinman2016
Joining in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I have spoken to 3 and they have phoned my home landline from their side with the same result , they can hear a ringing tone but nothing ringing at my end. They told me that they have checked everything and cannot find anything amiss from their side and as this problem has only developed since a change of provider (when I was with Utility Warehouse  I was having no issues at all phoning my home telephone from my 3 mobile ) it is logical that the problem surely must lie with Virgin particularly as I did have issues from the very start of the changeover when for a week I could not receive any incoming calls from any landline or mobiles .

Is it possible that there has been some sort of call barring set up from 3 network ????????????............I am clutching at straws here !!!

Regards

0 Kudos
tinman2016
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

been in touch with Virgin , they are looking into it again and will be in touch sometime today. 3 have also promised to phone me again this evening to see if any progress has been made
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tinman2016

Thanks for the update, I really appreciate it.

I'd love to hear how it goes when a member of the team gets back in touch with you, if for any reason that doesn't happen, let me know and I'll arrange for a member of our back office teams to investigate.

We'll be here if there's anything we're able to help with moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos