Menu
alan-f
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

lost landline

Had full virgin package installed over 2 days 15th 16th feb.

I wanted to keep my old Sky telephone number and was assigned a temporary number.

My old Sky number was transferred over on approx 28th feb, but I was only able to make outgoing calls and if anyone tried to call me they got a message "you have dialled an incorrect number"

When I reported the fault to Virgin they arranged a repull which happened on 4th march and sent engineers out on 5th march. The engineers came around and said there was nothing they could do as they had never encountered this problem before. They escalated the problem to their supervisor who was supposed to contact me the following day. He didn't. More phone calls ensued.

On Friday 10TH March I was assigned another temporary number. More phone calls ensued.

I received a text on Mon 13th march saying 'Unfortunately we can't transfer your old number because your old providers disconnected it" more phone calls ensued.

Today i was told that they contacted sky on 24th and was told the number has  been disconnected ,however, someone today has transferred my old number back to me but i am unable to either make or receive calls.

If anyone could make any sense of this I would be extremely grateful. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: lost landline

Did you cancel your sky services yourself?

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
alan-f
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Yes I did Tidus. Told them you keep my landline open.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi alan-f

Welcome to the Virgin Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your telephone service recently.

From looking at your account I can see that your previous provider has closed the number, which is why there are issues in porting it unfortunately. I can also see that a member of the team is scheduled to get in touch soon to discuss this in more detail.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
alan-f
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig. Thanks for your reply. What really confuses me is that I had my old phone number for a short while and only lost it when you gave me a second temporary number. Surely it must be something that Virgin did to make me lose it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan

Thanks for your fast response, it seems as if when the number was initially requested it was in the process of being closed, which is why we've run into some problems. 

That being said, the member of the team who'll be in touch will have more information on the situation than me so I'd love to hear how it goes when they contact youMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
alan-f
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig.

Unfortunately I am unable to let you know the outcome of my conversation with the member of the team as they failed to ring me within the scheduled times.

With no working phone, and no option to web chat with the relevant department, I am at a loss with how to proceed.Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Regards Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us about this Alan,

Really sorry to hear about the issue experienced. :/

I've had a look into this and I can see that the team have advised that we're unable to retain the original number for you as this is held with a third party company.

Have you received a call back from the advising agent since posting?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
alan-f
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat_J

Thank you for your response.

I have not received a call back. It was scheduled between 4pm and 7pm saturday.

If my number is being held with a third party company, why did you reconnect it to me last thursday? Is it not possible for you to contact this third party and get it back for me? My wife is a florist and has over 30 years of contacts on this number and this will have serious financial implications to us.

Regards Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

Really sorry about this.

I've re-sent the request over to the company, however, this was previously communicated and rejected by them as the number was disconnected and as per OFCOM regulations we can only port an active number. I can, however, see that prior to this, we initially requested the number port when the line was active. I should receive a response regarding this soon.

In addition to this, I can see that you've been allocated a temporary number. The line state should therefore be active and it is not. I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to get this up and running for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos