Menu
Bronze121
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

line rental charges

Firstly, I would like a show of hands of how many people are paying £19 for a phone line rental?
Secondly, who was informed of this increase?

Mine cropped up in my December bill, without being informed that this was going to take place, plus the added benefit that I'm spending this money on something that doesn't work, is not in use and is not required in my home. Near on £20 for what? Nothing. Waste of money!

But now, I've seen the new - No Line Required - broadband that will cost near on £35/month add that to a basic bundle and you're spending just shy of £70. My broadband is crap, it drops regularly and then turns itself off and then after 5mins turns back on.

I should have stuck to my guns and gone with Sky but now, stuck with this bull.

AlicexBx
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: line rental charges

I feel exactly the same, I am paying for the 200mbps broadband, which is why my bill is so much but I don't even own a landline telephone and I'm still paying the charge for it even though I have never physically plugged one in! I have taken my TV package down to M and I am paying around £55 a month. I have been struggling financially and would hope that a customer service operator for this company would advise me on cheaper deals and reassure me, but I'm sure they will tell me the same as they have in the past. Those deals are for new customers only and there's nothing they can do. I think I'm going to leave once my contract is up, but I'm gonna give it another shot and beg them for help before I go.
I wish I could have had the choice of no landlines when I signed up. Unfair treatment if you ask me. Sorry rant over haha 😆
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AlicexBx wrote:
I feel exactly the same, I am paying for the 200mbps broadband, which is why my bill is so much but I don't even own a landline telephone and I'm still paying the charge for it even though I have never physically plugged one in! I have taken my TV package down to M and I am paying around £55 a month. I have been struggling financially and would hope that a customer service operator for this company would advise me on cheaper deals and reassure me, but I'm sure they will tell me the same as they have in the past. Those deals are for new customers only and there's nothing they can do. I think I'm going to leave once my contract is up, but I'm gonna give it another shot and beg them for help before I go.
I wish I could have had the choice of no landlines when I signed up. Unfair treatment if you ask me. Sorry rant over haha 😆

no land line deals have always been possible and the line rental charge will not apply but dont expect your total bill to reduce - its how it works - they discount other parts of the bill to cover the line rental cost so remove the land line and the discounts are removed 

Tony
AlicexBx
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah that does make sense, I am keeping my bills higher because I have the fastest broadband but I am still paying for a tivo box rental that I never use because I stream tv and a ghost landline that I don't even know if it works. I'll see what theyou can offer me but I might have a shop around too. That is my plan for today, thank you -tony- 😊 happy new year 🎉
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AlicexBx wrote:
Yeah that does make sense, I am keeping my bills higher because I have the fastest broadband but I am still paying for a tivo box rental that I never use because I stream tv and a ghost landline that I don't even know if it works. I'll see what theyou can offer me but I might have a shop around too. That is my plan for today, thank you -tony- 😊 happy new year 🎉

retentions it the dept to talk to - on the line rental - if you do change your package that will mean a 12 month contract so look at the line rental saver - its 12 months in advance but is cheaper than 12 x the monthly cost so effectively reduces the annual bill

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
egph
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I paid £75 a while back for my TiVo box. Surely to God I'm not paying a rental for it too?
0 Kudos