Menu
colin26
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

landline phone not working

Hi I recently signed up for a sky broadband and phone deal having been with virgin  for many years. Now I cant get phone to work and wish to rejoin virgin as sky is so bad on service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: landline phone not working

Hello colin26,

Welcome to the community.

I have been able to locate your account and I can see you have requested to export your number to Sky which is why the line isn't working anymore. Did you wish to cancel this?

I would recommend speaking to one of our advisers to get this corrected, you can reach us on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

colin26
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tried phoning

Thank you Rose 

I do wish to go back to virgin as the customer service on Sye is even worse than yours! I tried phoning yesterday and after 20 minutes was put on hold and then cut off. I am a senior citizen and need the phone to ring for oxygen.

0 Kudos
colin26
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tried phoning

Thanks for the speedy reply Rose

I tried ringing that number yesterday but after a long wait got cut off

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tried phoning

That's okay, I have spoke to our customer service team and unfortunately they have advised me that the number has already been exported so you would need to contact sky to request the number to be returned back to Virgin.

Apologies for this but hopefully this can be processed as quickly as possible for you to have a working telephone line.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

colin26
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

message for Rose

Hi thanks for the speedy reply..A true Rose in a sea of thorns!lol. I have phoned on that number and was in a queue for 20 minutes (it said) then I spoke to someone who said hold on I ll speak to an engineer so he went away and I listened to adverts for a further eternity. At this point my mobile(which I rarely use and had  topped up pay as u go for just such an occasion) ran out of credit so it cost £10 plus another 5 when I added again and rang back.The second time everything seemed to be going well till I got a list of options none of which were relevant and then it said because you havent picked an option we are cutting you off!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: message for Rose

Hello colin26,

Very sorry you were unable to get through. Did this happen when calling our team? When I spoke to our customer service department they advised me that the number has already been exported so you would need to contact Sky to request the number be brought back to us. I'm unsure of this number but it would be the same one you rang when you requested to sign up. Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards 

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
colin26
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

re: message for Rose

Hi Rose

Is it possible to do this online?

Colin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: re: message for Rose

If you're unable to get through to their call centre then I would recommend emailing them on their contacts page so they can look into this for you and possibly even call you back if they offer that type of service.

It's certainly worth a try, they might even have live chat available through their website which would be quicker for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

colin26
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: re: message for Rose

Thanks. It is important I get back on the phone as soon as possible

0 Kudos