Menu
reggie91
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

landline phone doesnt ring

My landline phone doesnt ring but the call is connected as i have been left messages.I have an additional handset which isnt ring either.Never had this problem before.I have troubleshot this and it sounds like the problem lies with virgin at the exchange box? The test my line feature doesn`t detect any issues but other forums suggest that this problem won`t be detected.I live in Calcot, Reading.Anyone else having similar problems?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: landline phone doesnt ring

Hello reggie91,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I have located your account to test your line and everything looks okay at the moment so can I just confirm whether you have a dial tone or if you've tested another handset?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
reggie91
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

Thanks for your reply yesterday.I have just got back with the phones from my father in laws house where i can confirm they both work.It is a twin hand set which also has a locate phone test button and both phones ring when that is pressed.I have checked all the settings,turned on off numerous times,i have plugged in the phone line cable seperately as it was plugged into an extension box.Both phones worked yesterday morning fine.The phones themselves are not even a year old.I just tried once more and it didn`t ring but i picked up and the call connected.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me with this information.

Okay in this case I think it would be best to arrange for a technician to visit your property to take a look at this so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Reggie,

Just to eliminate the obvious, does your phone have a Ring Volume that might have been turned down / off, or possibly a Do Not Disturb setting that may have been accidentally set?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
reggie91
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

yes i have checked that and the call blocker 

0 Kudos
reggie91
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

reading other forums yesterday a few people and an old engineer said something about the exchange boxes where all the lines lead to there are shared ports in those boxes which can go faulty and it will affect only the people who are sharing that point?? to do with voltage as this is what triggers the ringtone itself?
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you dial 174 does the automated voice confirm that you are attached to your phone number and not someone else's?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
reggie91
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

yes it does 

0 Kudos