Menu
1973Swan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

landline number has suddenly changed

My landline number has suddenly changed from the one I have had for three years.  Dialing out shows a completely different number and I'm no longer receiving calls on my number.

I appreciate this may be be caused by outside forces such as BT but how do i go about getting it sorted?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: landline number has suddenly changed

VM have their own exchanges & network, so its nothing to do with BT. There is a crossed line either at the local cabinet or further back so you need to inform VM ASAP so they can get an engineer out to look at it. I would also carefully check your bills in case someone else is using your number

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

1973Swan
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. I have told them by using their Helpsite Webform service and all I got was what looks like a standard e-mail to say they've checked the line and all seems in order!

I can't seem to find another way to contact them. Do I just have to book an engineer to visit.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just call them & report a fault. The Forum Team here can also get the ball rolling as regards fixing this, but may take a while to answer.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi 1973Swan

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your phone line lately. 

I'd like to arrange for this to be looked at for you, I've sent you information regarding this in a private message. You can view that message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, we're looking forward to getting this sorted.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos