Menu
han81
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

landline not working

Hi there

our landline is still not working - an engineer came out yesterday and said there was a network fault but I can't see this when I log in to check service status. It hasn't worked for at least 11 days now. There is no dial tone when trying to make outgoing calls and the phone says 'check phone line'. For incoming calls it goes straight to a voicemail however we can't get the messages when we don't have a phone line!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: landline not working

Hi han81

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your telephone service recently. 

I've located your account to check the notes from the engineer who visited and can see that a considerable amount of work was done. He has staged the ticket to our network team for some equipment to be looked at in more detail and a member of the team will be in touch with you as soon as there's more information available regarding this. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'd love to hear how it goes and I'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
han81
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig, I look forward to receiving more details.

This is the second time that this has happened resulting in us being without a phone line for almost a month.

Is there a way to get a refund for the phone line rental in this case? If so, please direct me to the right place to do this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi han81

Thanks for the fast response and sorry again for the inconvenience this issue is causing. 

We don't expect you to pay for a service that you're not receiving so when the issue has been resolved, get in touch and we'll take a look at adjusting your bill. 

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
han81
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, any news on this from the network team? The engineer on Monday said 24-48 hours but we still have no ability to make or receive calls... haven't heard from the team yet but how will they get in touch to let us know? Do they have a mobile number to contact us on or will they email to get in touch?
thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there han81,

Really sorry to hear about all of this.

I'd like to confirm if I'm looking at the correct account information for you.

Could you respond via private message if possible with the following information?:

• Name of the account holder
  • Home address

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
han81
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Done. Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for responding han81,

I've looked into this for you and the line state was still showing as busy from this end. This has since been cleared and should now be idle and working as normal.

Let me know if this is not the case,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
han81
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nat_j
the check phone line message went for a brief moment but when I tried to make a call there was a funny alarm tone. Then I put it down to try again and it is back to the check phone line message. When I try to call the land line it is still going straight to voice mail...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this han81,

I can certainly proceed now and arrange for one of our engineers to visit and investigate further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos