Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8 (166 Views)

landline not working again

As from late this afternoon. Checked all phones and connections. Very frustrating because there is no way to contact Virgin other than to phone them which I can't now do!!

They are not responding on the chat line. No email contact either. Not happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8 (159 Views)

No Phone

Totally unacceptable that when the phone service is out there is no way to contact Virgin media other than to phone them. How can I do this when I have no phone? The chat option is permanently "busy try later" as others have said. And there is no email facility. Engineer booked for many days later as is always the case. In the meantime what happens if there is an emergency and I need my phone? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8 (129 Views)

Re: landline not working again

Hi Serendipity1

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently. 

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this and I can see that you've arranged for an engineer to come and take a closer look, which is excellent news. 

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8 (126 Views)

But engineer not until next week!  In the meantime I simply cannot be without a phone. There is no reception here for mobile otherwise it wouldn't be such a big issue. Error message on phone "Check phone line" , going by previous experience my line has been disconnected when the engineers were in the road yesterday fixing up new customers who take priority over long suffering existing customers. This is what I have been told. Disgraceful

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8 (120 Views)

Hi Serendipity1

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, I've checked this and you've got the next available appointment at the moment. I'll keep an eye just in case something earlier becomes available and will be in touch if that's the case.

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8 (105 Views)

Hi Serendipity

I received your private message, I don;t know what changed from earlier to now but there is no appointment between 8 - 4 today. 

If you received a text message, then unfortunately that was sent in error. The 8-4 appointment is a placeholder for the engineering team to check things externally prior to the home appointment. 

The appointment is still the same as when you initially booked it, I've also checked to see if there are any earlier appointments available and there isn't at the moment unfortunately. I'll keep my eye on the account should an earlier appointment become available too.

We'd love to hear how it goes 

Craig

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8 (99 Views)

Craig thank you for your quick reply. But nothing alters the fact that Virgin are not in the slightest concerned that I have been cut off by one of your engineers yesterday in the road..(strange coincidence if that is not the reason)..And living alone with no phone could be life threatening in this case..I have an extremely ill relative as well..does that not warrant urgent action? I find this situation surreal in fact and will be reporting it to Ofcom and further. I can't believe I have been left in this situation by Virgin.

Some one from Virgin media should be contactable..the phone chat is just a farce, it clearly doesn't exist. No reception here for a mobile so what am I meant to do now in an emergency?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8 (85 Views)

Hi Serendipity1

Thanks for the response, I can assure you that on behalf of Virgin, I care about the phone line not working as it should. The appointment you have is the soonest available and I promise you, if there was a sooner one, I'd book it right away.

I've checked the availability again this morning and it's still the same, I've also sent you information regarding raising a ticket for your dissatisfaction should you wish to escalate or review this matter moving forward. You can view that message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

0 Kudos