Menu
pgcrosby
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

land line

My land line has not been working since July. I'm told a new cable needs to be installed and when I ring up about it I cannot get a date as to when this will happen. what can I do to speed this matter up?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: land line

If it is a straight re-pull from the cabinet to your house this should not take more than 2-3 weeks to organize. What does cause hold-ups is where the underground ducting has been damaged in some way & needs to be excavated. Local authorities are notoriously slow in issuing telecoms work permits, some taking months rather than weeks. Are you aware if this is the case?

Hopefully a member of the staff Forum Team here can chase this for you.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: land line

Hello pgcrosby,

Welcome to the community and I'm very sorry to hear you've been experiencing ongoing issues with your telephone line.

I have been able to locate your account and I can see this is a construction issue so as nodrogd has mentioned they need authorisation from the local authority before they're able to complete the work which can take around 6-8 weeks depending on how quickly they respond. I'm very sorry this is leaving you without a working telephone line but when I have any further updates I'll be in touch.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos