Menu
glingard
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

is there help for carers of the elderly to get telephone service reinstated quickly.

we have an 92 year old relative nearby who depends on us.

on Tuesday 24 Jan our phone went on the blink.

it Took VM a week to get an engineer out and apparently fix it

yesterday  3 Feb it went down again and I was told it would be 13 Feb before they could get an engineer out.

I pointed ou that we had this worry with my mother in law and was promised a call back at 4pm yesterday -

NOTHING

BT have special arrangements for  people who need  to communicate with vulnerable relatives

what if anything does VM do

0 Kudos
vipermo
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: is there help for carers of the elderly to get telephone service reinstated quickly.

Had the same problem with BT for my 82 year old dad who lives alone BT couldnt of cared less. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: is there help for carers of the elderly to get telephone service reinstated quickly.

I think virignmedia do have some sort of vulnerable adults, but need to pre-notified on the account..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi glingard

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with the phone service recently.

If the phone line is for the vunerable person, then you can give our customer service team a call to request that lifeline is added to your account. This will give you priority in certain situations to get your services working as soon as possible in the event of a fault.

I hope this helps and apologies again for the problems with your line, we'd love to hear how the appointment goes.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
glingard
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thank you

after battling with 3 people in India and one in Scotland I eventually got some action 

I was on the phone for nearly 40 minutes, in fact as your message came in 

sadly I had to be very forceful 

the whole customer service system is a joke

everyone apart from the last guy  works from  a prepared script and no- one is allowed  to operate out of the box

eg

"I would like to speak to the engineering manager responsible fro the management of engineers in Yorkshire "

"I am afraid that is not possible " 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for glingard

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I'm glad to hear that action has been made.

I'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward, apologies again for the inconvenience you've experienced.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos