Menu
rose05
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

how long have i tyo be without landline

Over a week without a landline. Engineer came Monday morning, checked everything and fault at exchange. spoke to engineering manager in my presence and was told a network engineer would repair fault that afternoon. Still not done. Phoned 150 twice, repeatedly gone through rigmarole with computer, but when you get to speak to someone they are at the other side of the world, at the bottom of the ocean !! We are getting nowhere. Service is an absolute disgrace and non existent. I shall be in the virgin shop tomorrow to try and extricate us from the contract and go back to Sky Talk. Missed 5 calls from Hammersmith hospital with appointment for my husband, they ended up phoning GP to find out if they had correct phone number and luckily the receptionist had the intelligence to go through all the records and found my mobile number. This should just not be happening. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: how long have i tyo be without landline

Hi Rose05

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, I'd recommend keeping all your posts in one thread so we can keep on top of things, the post is likely to be forgotten other wise Man Happy

I've been able to locate your account and can see that the engineer has left the ticket open, I'd expect action to be arranged regarding the networking side of the fault very shortly as a resultMan Happy

If you've not heard anything in the next 24 hours, get in touch and I'll arrange for this to be escalated for you.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rose05
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wednesday 21.10.

As yet we still have not been connected and no engineer. Phone call last night (fromthe bottom of the ocean again)  but tried to tell me that nothing could be done until 21st. not prepared to wait that long.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rose05

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this, the team that would have called you would have seen the availability so I'm confident that if an earlier appointment was available, it would be offered.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not prepared to wait that long, we'd love to get this issue resolved.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rose05
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Went into Virgin media store yesterday morning. Very helpful young lady connected me using the instore phone, to customer services. I explained the situation, also reminding them that my husband has heart problems and does not use a mobile. therefore needs land line if I am not there, He passed me to the technical dept and after a very difficult conversation , he having a very strong accent, exacerbated by the phone but he told me that an engineer would be repairing our phone between  8 am and 12 noon this morning without fail. Guess what!!?. He did not turn up. So I shall be back in the shop Monday I have no gripe with the staff in the shop, they could not be more helpful. But they are being asked to promote and sell a product that does meet expectations and supporting an business that does not have enough engineers to keep their services running.  ie. Virgin phones services are as useless as a chocolate teapot The girl in the shop said I was entitled to a rebate for the time and inconvenience  of being without a landline. And I shall expect it

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As your husband is dependant on your fixed line, it may be worth asking about the Special Needs Fault Priority Service.

Callouts under this service should be fixed within 4 hours.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos