roughneck
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

home phone not working

Hi

I'm in LS17.

MY home phone stopped working today.

I cannot get a dial tone to call out and When someone calls me the phone rings (not the usual sound) but does not connect with the caller when answered. Thinking my old phone was past its best I bought a new one and tried that. Same result. I have tried both phones in both the master and secondary outlets but to no avail. I had a quick look at the junction box outside where the cables enter the house and all looks undisturbed.

Happy in the belief that the problem is outside my home, I reported the fault today on 0345 454 1111 (using a mobile phone) at around 3.50pm.

The earliest engineer visit offered is Wed 14 Dec between 8.00am & 12.00pm. This seem a little too far off to me. Can this be improved upon? Can this be brought forward?

Please help.

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: home phone not working

Hello Martin,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you're without a telephone line at the moment. 

I have located your account and I can see there's a technician booked but unfortunately I'm unable to bring this forward at the moment but I will keep checking for you and I'll be in touch if I'm able to make this any earlier.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
roughneck
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

***UPDATE***

Hi

My home phone suddenly sprang into life around 9.50am this morning!

An engineer came to the door some ten minutes later to say he repaired a loose connection at the cabinet down the street.

All now OK.

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Martin,

Thanks for letting me know and I'm glad to hear it's working again.

Any further problems give me a shout and I'll look into it for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos