Menu
Highlighted
potts1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

home phone not working

i have been having alot of trouble with my virgin home phone over the last few months and it is starting to drive me crazy.

I keep getting a message on the handset says Check Line Cord.

I have already had an engineer out once to repair this fault and was told that the wiring had come loose from the green box in the street.

The same problem has happened 2 times since then and there have been reports on the website about faults in the area and these should have been fixed.

I have had to yet again book for an engineer to come out and fix the problem and i have starting to lose faith in the Virgin Media Service as i have had nothing but problems with all of the services ever since i had it installed. the booking code is 71700362 but this can not be arranged until Friday so i will have no service for a further week.

If it is not my phone line keep going down it is a lose of signal strength on my television where the picture keeps blocking out and then i find that my broadband keeps slowing down to almost nothing.

I am paying a lot of money each month for your services which you are quite happy to take from me but you do not return a fully working service.

if these problems are not sorted i will be making sure that as soon as my 12 months contract end that i terminate all of them as it is not fair.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: home phone not working

Hi potts1980,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you're having a poor experience with the services lately.  

I have taken a look and I can see that you have an engineer appointment booked already which is great to see.  I can also see signal issues affecting the TV service so I have added this information for the engineer so that they can look at it for you.  Our engineer will check everything out and aim to get it all working as it should.

Please do let us know how your appointment goes.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi potts1980,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you're having a poor experience with the services lately.  

I have taken a look and I can see that you have an engineer appointment booked already which is great to see.  I can also see signal issues affecting the TV service so I have added this information for the engineer so that they can look at it for you.  Our engineer will check everything out and aim to get it all working as it should.

Please do let us know how your appointment goes.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Chillsout
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We have just booked our third visit by an engineer since the summer and we are told the same about our wire falling out of the slot in the Street box. What I think happens is that there is not enough space in the Street box (which needs upgrading) so now and again my wire gets pulled out to make room for somebody else. My question is do I actually need a landline for my Virgin Media broadband and TV.  If not then am I only keeping it for when I move back to Sky next year. 😊

0 Kudos
potts1980
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When they came out to me on Saturday i asked why this keeps happening and i was told that it happens all the time that some of the tech people cut corners when wiring in new lines and instead of putting new wires in they nick ones that are already there and this is why my phone line went down for 9 days. I would like to know if i can get a rebate on my phone charges for the 9 days as this was caused by Virgin Media themselves and nothing to do with me.

0 Kudos