Menu
ketolectron
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

home Move - No phone line provided by VM

Hello All - I recently moved home from Edinburgh to Maidenhead. Unfortunately at the new address at Maidenhead Virgin Media does not provide a phone line. Broadband and TV have been activated at the new address. Since my contract contains all the 3, please advise on what I can do about the phone? Is there any way i can get the service or do i have to cancel it (but that would mean contract break). Please advise?

Sketan
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: home Move - No phone line provided by VM

Hi ketolectron

If the line hasn't been activated then you won't be charged, if you've got a bundle discount for having all three services with us and it works out that you're paying more for the services without the phone line, we'll get that sorted for you too.

We don't expect for you to pay for a service you're not receiving.

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Braby
Dialled in
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That just seems unfair. I think you have grounds for complaint to OFCOM. If you actually need a landline BT or another company who use the OpenReach network will be able to sort you out. Currently BT charge £18.99 per month line rental without a call package and there will probably be a connection fee as well. Had you known no Virgin landline was available you may well have decided to put your business elsewhere when choosing a provider, so I think Virgin are guilty of mis-selling. I hope you get it sorted out.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

A lot of the new "Project Lightning" areas VM are expanding into have no phone services. Virgin are developing VoIP broadband phone services for these areas, which apparently should be available soon.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi ketolectron

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently.

If there's not capacity for a phone line in your area a member of the team will be in touch as soon as that situation changes. We hope this will happen very soon, although there's no time frame I can give you at the moment.

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your line, we're looking forward to getting this resolved.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ketolectron
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks both for your inputs. So if i understand this do i still have to pay line rental despite me not getting the phone line?
Sketan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ketolectron

If the line hasn't been activated then you won't be charged, if you've got a bundle discount for having all three services with us and it works out that you're paying more for the services without the phone line, we'll get that sorted for you too.

We don't expect for you to pay for a service you're not receiving.

I hope this helps

Craig

ketolectron
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your input. i do have a bundle which include all the 3 services and the line wasnt activated when the other services were activated. Glad to know and a relief as well that i wont be charged for the service i did not use.
Thanks again!
Sketan
0 Kudos
ketolectron
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello! Got my bill today and I am being charged for my phone line (line rental) which is kind of strange as virgin media does not provide the service at my home yet charge me for the service. i am also surprised that I have got a landline number?

Sketan
0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure how the pricing structure works now, but when I first signed up with Virgin for broadband, it was actually CHEAPER to take broadband and phone than broadband alone! However if you don't have the option to have the phone line installed then you certainly shouldn't be paying for it as a separate charge.

ketolectron
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your reply. Yes that is what i thought that if i do not get the said service i shouldnt be paying for it. But i think since it is in my package (BB+TV+Phone) I am bound by it. Its really disappointing to pay something that is not being provided.

Sketan
0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If Virgin aren't in a position to provide a phone line then you most certainly should have been informed of this when you signed up. It may well be that you have a special introductory price on the package, and if that is so then at some point in the future not having the phone should be a factor in how much you will be charged. I would certainly speak to Virgin about this. Do you have a landline from another provider - BT or whoever?