Menu
Trace76
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

getting an engaged like tone and cant dial out

had existing number ported over and when phone is plugged into virgin socket got a constant engaged tone cant ring in or out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: getting an engaged like tone and cant dial out

Hi Trace - I've taken the Liberty of moving your post to the appropriate section.

Bear in mind it can take the Forum Team several days to respond.  If you have a Virgin Mobile you can dial 150 (free) from that as well, alternatively you may consider ringing in to 0345 454 1111 (lo-call rates) if you need a faster response.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Trace76, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is causing you a bit of grief at the moment. 

I've run some testing on the line, and it is showing from this end that the phone line is having a bit of trouble at the moment. I do need to ask if you've been able to try another phone on the line, or your phone in a known working line, just to eliminate the phone being at fault.

If you have then we'd need to book someone to call out and investigate further. I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving once you've been able to eliminate the phone from being at fault. Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Trace76, 

Just thought I'd check to see if you've been able to view my private message from last night as I've not yet had a reply. 

If you've been able to eliminate the phone and would like for me to arrange a technician, please let me know. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos