Menu
Louisah10
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

do i need a landline?

Hi, my landline telephone has given up the ghost and to be honest with 4 mobile phone contracts in the house it was only ever used to receive cold calls.  So, we are not really bothered about replacing it. My question is, do I have to have a landline to receive VM broadband?

thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: do i need a landline?

No you don't need a Virgin landline to use Virgin Broadband. Thats the good news.

The not so good news is that the Landline attacts a heavy discount on your Broadband package, so your Broadband price will actually increase if you drop the Landline.

If you are on a legacy package the most you will save is about £5 a month. If you are on one of the "Big" bundles it gets more complicated, as you have to renegotiate your entire package to drop the Landline, & you could actually end up paying more than you do now.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: do i need a landline?

Hi there Louisah10,

Big welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues concerning your landline.

I've located your account and I am unable to detect any issues with the line state at present.

In terms of removing the service from your package, it would be advisable to give our team a call to discuss this further on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos