Menu
jph1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

dead phone no phone line out/in line shows busy for incoming calls

My phone is dead, no dial tone. I tried all troubleshooting solutions. The Virgin site troubleshooter couldn't find any problem.. When calling into the number from another phone the line is shown as busy .... other people calling said the same. I called Virgin on a mobile phone and was told there was trouble/problem for phonelines  in the area.... the Virgin site status update is showing no trouble in the area..... the Virgin rep on the phone said the site had not been updated.... that was a long time ago...... Virgin site status still says no problems with phones in this area. It is expensive to keep calling Virgin on a non Virgin mobile only to be told something the site says is not so... and I still have no homephone working. The line is still showing as engaged/busy and my phone is dead.

0 Kudos
jph1
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: dead phone no phone line out/in line shows busy for incoming calls

After being told by the  Virgin operator (second call and still costing me money) that there was a problem in the area that would be sorted out within 4 hours I was offered a home visit by an engineer for the next day (now today) I enquired whether this was of any use at all since according to him (the operator) there was nothing wrong with my phone but a general problem locally. I mentioned that the Virgin media site status report said there were no problems and that their own diagnostic report (online activated) said the same thing. I asked the operator (who I have to say was extremely polite) if he would make sure that the Virgin Media site reflected the true state of service, he promised to do so; however subsequent visits to the Virgin Media site revealed the same state of affairs. It is now many hours later (the next day in fact) the phone line is still out of order and now the Virgin Media site itself is down for whatever engineering or whatever reasons suited to Virgin.

0 Kudos
jph1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still nothing a day later
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jph1

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment. 

I've not been able to locate your account using your forum information unfortunately, so I can take a closer look are you able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to putting it right.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos