Menu
tricia
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

cost of calls

Why can't Virgin  just list the cost of calls in plain english.

I just want to know if 0800 numbers are Free?

How much do 0345 numbers cost per minute?

How much do 0845 numbers cost per minute?

Then i can make my own mind up as to if I want to call them or not.

After god knows how long trying to sort through the minefield of mishmash info on virginmedia I am still no wiser.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: cost of calls

If you have evening and weekend calls free then all other call apart from 0800 are chargeable, as per your contract. Never ever call 09 numbers, apart from 0800 which is free all othe 08 numbers are chargeable two parts a connection fee and a fee from the number owner so they can be expensive.

Call costs Daytime calls Monday to Friday 7am-7pm
UK landlines∆ (numbers beginning 01, 02 or 03, not other numbers such as 084, 070) 12p a minute
Virgin Mobile numbers 19.35p a minute
Freephone numbers
0870 service numbers▲ access charge + service charge

Now that's as simple as it can be made.
Most banks now have a 03 number at local call charges

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tricia wrote:

Why can't Virgin  just list the cost of calls in plain english.

I just want to know if 0800 numbers are Free?

Under OFCOM rules they have to be.

How much do 0345 numbers cost per minute?

The same as calls to 01 & 02 numbers, & included in your package if it includes the aforementioned. Again an OFCOM ruling

How much do 0845 numbers cost per minute?

If you are on one of the latest Talk More tariffs, most of these also include 0845 numbers now, if not, the call charges are listed HERE

Then i can make my own mind up as to if I want to call them or not.

After god knows how long trying to sort through the minefield of mishmash info on virginmedia I am still no wiser.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
tricia
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you nodrogd.

Great that the 0800 numbers are free.

I don't know how much the 01 and 02 numbers are so no idea how much the 0345 numbers would be.

You have listed under the 0845 numbers a link to the charges, Clear as mud, This is what i meant by mishmash of info.

So How much are ordinary landlines beginning with 01,02.03 charged at by the minute please? My package for free calls is only after 19.00 hours , so I can't call my bank at these hours.

Thanks

Tricia

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you have evening and weekend calls free then all other call apart from 0800 are chargeable, as per your contract. Never ever call 09 numbers, apart from 0800 which is free all othe 08 numbers are chargeable two parts a connection fee and a fee from the number owner so they can be expensive.

Call costs Daytime calls Monday to Friday 7am-7pm
UK landlines∆ (numbers beginning 01, 02 or 03, not other numbers such as 084, 070) 12p a minute
Virgin Mobile numbers 19.35p a minute
Freephone numbers
0870 service numbers▲ access charge + service charge

Now that's as simple as it can be made.
Most banks now have a 03 number at local call charges
tricia
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

John . Thank you very much.

That is clear!! Now I know where I am .

Thank you again

Tricia

0 Kudos
Laurarara
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is there a simple to use update on call costs not under the weekend package option?

It's now August 2017 and I'm being charged 26p per minute for calls to 01403 and 28p per minute for calls to 01273.   Even a 4 second call was charged at 28p.  This is all landline (not mobile).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laurarara

Thanks for getting in touch about the call charge costs.

I hope you are well Smiley Happy

Our call charges can be found on our Call Costs document

Page 3 is where the information is relevant to the query you have here.

Call costs are rounded to the next minute and a call connection charge is applied to all chargeable calls.

The charge you have mentioned has been applied is relevant to a call made for a weekday call under Talk Weekends inclusive of the call connection charge for a partial minute or call that's lasted from 1-60 seconds.

I hope this helps?

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Laurarara
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So my calls are 12p per minute and if I'm slightly over one minute it's charged at 2 minutes?

If so - fully understand that.

But how can a call that lasted no longer than 15 seconds be costed at 28p?  Just a standard number to Brighton Dome Box Office - 01273 number.  I literally put the phone down as the answering machine said 'sorry we are closed'.

Thanks for your reply by the way - we've spoken often in the past and you're always helpful Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos