Menu
120GL
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

'check phone line' message on handset

Hello,

Our telephone handset is displaying 'check phone line' message.  There is no dial tone, and the phone cannot receive or make any calls.  From what I can tell there is limited access to the phone line, as it goes underneath wooden flooring in the house, and I presume under the garden (including garden path) only surfacing beside the front gate at the garden.  We need this phone line to be working, but worried there is a fault where there is no access.  Appreciate if anyone has any suggestions, or checks could be made on the line. 

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'check phone line' message on handset

Hi David,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline.

We just need to make sure it's not the handset causing the issue as this can cause the same 'check line' fault. All you need to do is unplug your handset and plug in a completely different one.

If you have any trouble performing this test just let me know.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
charliebrown44
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'check phone line' message on handset

Hi,

My sister had same message on her cordless handset and the best advice is to find master virgin phone socket in house, and plug in a corded phone, you may need to remove the 2 small screws on the front and plug in to the socket you now see once cover removed, if no phone line then it will be a virgin exterior issue with possible disconnection from street cabinet,local exchange or damaged cable wire outside you're home? So basically you will need to request an engineer as you have tested you're line and it is dead! So its always best to keep a non cordless phone at home even if not plugged in ( sister bought a cheap one from argos) as it will be vital if you have a power cut as cordless phones won't work without mains power to base for signal, and use one to test any  future phone soket issues.

0 Kudos