Menu
darkninja007
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

charges on landline BUT i have No phone connected

I have read a couple of previous complaints of similar nature on here regarding this.

I have had No phone connected to my landline for nearly a year now but keep getting charges for outgoing calls each month, i contacted virgin about this and had my wiring changed coming into the property in july this year 2016 and given a clean bill of health. still recieved charges every month for some unknown reason and after contacting virgin again by my mobile / Parents Phone and computer chat just to keep getting the run around.

I thought i would share my grieviance with you for your views as i am about to seek advice from my soliciter regarding ongoing fraudulent activity with my account before i cancle my account in full as a matter of principle. Fed up with chasing after virgin to sort out their issues while costing me more time and money.

Regards Dave.

Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: charges on landline BUT i have No phone connected

darkninja007 wrote:

I have read a couple of previous complaints of similar nature on here regarding this.

I have had No phone connected to my landline for nearly a year now but keep getting charges for outgoing calls each month, i contacted virgin about this and had my wiring changed coming into the property in july this year 2016 and given a clean bill of health. still recieved charges every month for some unknown reason and after contacting virgin again by my mobile / Parents Phone and computer chat just to keep getting the run around.

I thought i would share my grieviance with you for your views as i am about to seek advice from my soliciter regarding ongoing fraudulent activity with my account before i cancle my account in full as a matter of principle. Fed up with chasing after virgin to sort out their issues while costing me more time and money.

Regards Dave.

Hi Dave from another Dave.

If I've understood correctly your Virgin Media landline is active and being paid for but you don't actually use it and have no phone connected to it but you are picking up call charges (for calls you haven't made) over and above monthly landline 'rental' charges.

Do you have access to a phone you can plug in to the VM phone socket?  If so, dial 174 and an automated voice should tell you what line number is assigned to your service.  If it's not your number you were expecting then it's likely there has been a wiring mix-up at the street cabinet requiring an engineer visit.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
darkninja007
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,       Thanks for your reply.

I do not have a phone to plug in, the last person to touch the line was a virgin engineer who replaced the incoming line /cables? the numbers coming up on the itemised bill of additional charges are mobile mumbers we own and have no resemblance with the mobile phone bills?

i could borrow my parents phone and try this number for pease of mind.

Dave

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi darkninja007,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you've been charged for landline calls when you haven't had a handset plugged into your phone socket. 

I would like to look into this further for you, so I'll need to verify your details. It looks like we'll need to get an engineer out to investigate the problem on the line.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help