Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

charges for my landline

ok  to day i noticed charges for my landline

yesterday i rang a family member to speak  to  was on the

phone for 2hrs 16 mins

now as far as i am aware   calls are free at weekends

so why are there charges of £7.19 ?

so can some one tell me  cause if these calls are not free then you can take the phone out as we dont use  it and dont like being told  calls are free when there not

0 Kudos
raddleman
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: charges for my landline

From Terms and conditions

Talk Weekends: Zero-rated tariff applies to the first hour of direct-dialled local and national geographic voice calls only (numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03), Virgin Mobile numbers and 0870 numbers (not other numbers such as those beginning 084 and 070) starting within the weekend (all day Saturday and Sunday) periods. Re-dial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges. Full details of call charges/connection fees at virginmedia.com/callcosts.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As per the above, the maximum call length is 60 minutes on inclusive calls. To continue the call without charges, hang up & re-dial. This is standard practice with all Telco companies using this type of call plan.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
scouseuk
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i know there a cut of point at 60 mins but  £7.19  is a bit  much  i dont mind pay for my calls  but i do mind geting ripped off  calss  are supposed to be cheap

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What can I say.

Call charges of around 10p a minute to standard landlines are the same with most landline providers now. The option was there for you to pay nothing for the call & you chose not to take it.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
scouseuk
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

wow ur a help

you clock watch when ur on the phone

well when i chat  to family members i dont go around looking at a clock on the wall

maybe you do 

0 Kudos