Menu
SDraper86
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

changed my number without telling me

I have had no phone-line since 24 December. Tonight I checked and have a line but seems that the engineers have swapped my number to one belonging to an adjacent street - worrying.
No notification on what's happening, no email or any details. I only know that the box at the end of my road has been rebuilt because I've seen the vans.
Tried calling helpline - cut off twice and then eventually spoke to broadband help in India. Not much help there either because although the website says there are help to midnight it actually means 10pm. The other option on the phone help tour would be for an engineer to visit in 6 days time. Can't believe this is the service I should expect to receive. Just hoping the people with my number don't receive too many calls for me.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: changed my number without telling me

Hi SDraper86,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a fault with your landline and the difficulties you had reporting the problem.

This sounds like a crossed line fault as we wouldn't change your phone number without receiving a request from the account holder or notifying you if there was a problem with the line.

Checking on this for you, I can see that you have been able to arrange an engineer visit earlier than you noted in your post, that's great news. Please let us know how the appointment goes and if there's anything further we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

SDraper86
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes an engineer may arrive tomorrow to check my property - total inconvenience as it's blatantly clearly a problem virgin media have generated by crossing the lines when the engineers rebuilt the cabinet on the corner of woodside avenue. Interesting enough that the police were able to get an engineer to attend to the cabinet in 4 hours when a vehicle drove into it. The engineers have been working on it for days but obviously unable to do a proper job. Pity that I'm not with BT as they would have done the job properly!
0 Kudos
mountainwiccan
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This happened to me a few months ago. My phone number became someone elses. No one could ring me. Crossed lines, then no line and no incoming calls. It went one for a while before it was resolved. I really hope that your issue is resolved soon. I'd like to say to you to ring customer services, but they probably will not help you in that overseas call centre. The VM staff on this site have been the only people who have helped me in the end and I am sure they will do the same for you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SDraper86

I'm just checking in to see how the issues with your phone are doing lately? Did the engineer attend as you've mentioned?

If not, get in touch and I'll do what I can to help to get this resolved.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos