Menu
shriyanisena
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

cant make calls or receive calls since installation

I was connected to Virgin media on Thursday 25th of Aug. Since that afternoon I cant make calls nor receive them. I contacted customer services as I look after my 6 month old granddaughter a few days a week and need the phone to be working. I am a pensioner and cant afford to use the mobile all the time. I was told an engineer will call within 4 hours and within minutes they called beck to say that my case is not urgent and the earliest an engineer can come is Monday a.m. so that is 4 days without a phone. I argued to no avail. I decided to cancell my contract as I was still within my cooling off period. Within an hour an engineer turns up, he spent about 2 hours and said that I was able to dial out but I cant receive calls. He used my land line to ring my mobile which rang but I never answered it as it didnt even ring before and was happy that I'll be able to call out. He left saying not to cancel the Monday Engineers visit. Late Friday tried to use my land line to contact a new provider unable to contact every number in my contact list has an engaged tone. No in coming calls  either. 

I am very disappointed with the service and have decided to return to my previous provider. I want reassurance  that my phone line will be repaired so a new provider can connect. I have been told that my contact can be terminated on the 2nd of September, I am not willing to wait till then to have a functioning service. I dont mind doing without a TV or the internet but a phone is essential to me. I would also like to know what is considered as urgent in the service provision.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: cant make calls or receive calls since installation

Hi shriyanisena,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that your new landline isn't working after installation and that you prefer to return to your previous provider.

Checking into this, I can see that our engineers are currently working on this for you today. 

We do offer a Telephone Fault Priority repair. Please see our Help pages for more information: Telephone accessibility (click on Telephone Fault Priority). Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos