Menu
littledev40
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

cannot call out or receive landline calls

Hi for over a week now i have had no phone service. I cannot call out or receive calls this seemed to coincide with power failures in our are. I have tried the service check and it says there are no problems, does anyone have any advise please? I work 6 days a week and am not available during the engineer times,

thanks 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot call out or receive landline calls

Hi littledev40

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently.

I've located your account to run some tests on the line from our end, we're not detecting any errors at the moment though. Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or your handset on an alternate line?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
littledev40
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I  have put another handset in and the same problem. I have also got a shop and scan that uses the phone line and it cannot send the info just says no dialtone it is the same when i try each item by themselves

littledev40

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us about this littledev40 and for completing these checks,

Sorry to hear that this still hasn't sorted the problem for you.

I think the best way for us to proceed would be to arrange for an engineer to visit and investigate this further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more about this.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
littledev40
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would like to update you all. The engineer came yesterday he was a lovely polite man and although he didn't come in the time slot allocated i was kept updated by phone of how late he would be. It turned out it was wear and tear on the line outside and he had to replace it. So all is working fine now thank you

0 Kudos
tjhendy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, we have had this problem for about 6 weeks. We had an engineer out who yold us there was an issue but it would fix itself. We are waiting for a second engineer to come out now. Good Luck
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi littledev40

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this, I'm glad to hear the issue has been resolved. 

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos