Menu
laima1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

can i change my home phone number ?!

hi , how can i change my virgin phone number ? , i am getting millions of cold calls every day and nights Smiley Sad i connected my fax machine to make this company think this is a fax number , but still getting lots of calls Smiley Sad help please , what should i do ?!?! Smiley Sad

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: can i change my home phone number ?!

Yes you can change your number, though any new number would more than likely be a recycled old number & don't mean that these types of calls will stop, phone customer services from a VM phone dial 150, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, I don't know if there's a charge to change it but I'd imagine so as money grabbing & lack of customer service seems to be their main goal atm Smiley Indifferent, you can also register your number with TPS for free as that will filter them out after 28 days, there's also Truecall but they are subscription based & are not cheap, although tbh you might want to consider to ditch the VM phone altogether because BT have announced they will "Divert nuisance calls for free". Smiley Wink

Can't argue with free.

All the best Smiley Wink

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi laima1234

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the nuisance calls you're experiencing at the moment. 

In situations like this, we'd be more than happy to change your number free of charge as long as it's not something we've done recently. As Shauneeb has helpfully mentioned, just give our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111  from any other to request it. It's worth mentioning that the number change is usually a last resort as there are other things we can try firstMan Happy

You can view some great information regarding nuisance calls [here]

I'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes you can change your number, though any new number would more than likely be a recycled old number & don't mean that these types of calls will stop, phone customer services from a VM phone dial 150, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, I don't know if there's a charge to change it but I'd imagine so as money grabbing & lack of customer service seems to be their main goal atm Smiley Indifferent, you can also register your number with TPS for free as that will filter them out after 28 days, there's also Truecall but they are subscription based & are not cheap, although tbh you might want to consider to ditch the VM phone altogether because BT have announced they will "Divert nuisance calls for free". Smiley Wink

Can't argue with free.

All the best Smiley Wink

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi laima1234

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the nuisance calls you're experiencing at the moment. 

In situations like this, we'd be more than happy to change your number free of charge as long as it's not something we've done recently. As Shauneeb has helpfully mentioned, just give our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111  from any other to request it. It's worth mentioning that the number change is usually a last resort as there are other things we can try firstMan Happy

You can view some great information regarding nuisance calls [here]

I'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

laima1234
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thank you so much 

0 Kudos