Menu
sinder999
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

calls from 08004089340

Hello, from everything I have read this number is Virgin media. my first point is they are asking for personal account details, as they have called we all know we should not give out account information so please can this be stopped. I have also now reported this issue twice and been told I will stop getting these calls but I am still getting them! please please can I stop getting these calls on my mobile and land line they are now troubling my family as there is often no one present when we pick the call up and then it rings off. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: calls from 08004089340

How long ago did you do the optout? The wait is 6 weeks for it to complete - during which six weeks you will still have marketing calls incoming (thought it should be at a decreased amount of marketing calls during that period.)

Also, was the optout requested via a call to 150 or 0345 454 1111? Asking the people calling from the 0800 number mentioned to stop isn't going to get you opted out.

A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here can look into the status of your optout, you'll get a response from a member of said team in about two weeks (current average wait time.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
sinder999
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thank you for a swift response, I opted out a very long time ago, a few years from memory, this all started recently when I decreased my package. every time I call in I use the 150. These calls are a nuisance, is it possible to get this number barred? my recent request to stop these calls (although already made as mentioned, was just after decreasing my package less than a month ago).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sinder999 wrote:

Hello, thank you for a swift response, I opted out a very long time ago, a few years from memory, this all started recently when I decreased my package. every time I call in I use the 150. These calls are a nuisance, is it possible to get this number barred? my recent request to stop these calls (although already made as mentioned, was just after decreasing my package less than a month ago).

Sounds like maybe you got opted back in again for some reason (that shouldn't happen.) The call barring offered is outbound only, it's very limited also and not all of the options are available in all areas. If you have the caller ID add-on+phone with number blocking options/CPR call blocker you can stop the calls that way.

But as I mentioned, the Forum Team will get the matter looked into for you (they will resolve it.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi sinder999

I'm sorry to learn about the inconvenience you're experiencing with these calls recently, I've located your account to take a look at the marketing preferences you have and can see you've opted out of this on 22nd December, when you spoke to Yvonne.

Give it a few more weeks and you should see the calls stop, if that's not the case then get in touch and I'll do what I can. It's worth mentioning that this will only stop genuine calls from Virgin, if you're receiving any other type of calls, you'll continue to do so.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

sinder999
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello, Thank you. The December opt out was me phoning in and complaining. I think you'll find it opted out at least a year ago. So already shouldn't be getting these calls.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey sinder999

Thanks for the response, apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused and for you having to request this more than once.

I can see it 100% went through the last time you rang, so give it a little bit more time and if you receive any more calls, get in touch and I'll take a look.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos