Menu
ajingram
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

cable colours of incoming landline phones

Have intermittent problems with landline; phones cutting out after 1 or 2 rings. Ring tone has been OK.

So I have stripped out the phone extension and removed the DECT phones to give me the simplest system, ie, master socket and one  old fashioned phone.

Still have problems, so checked incoming cables rom Virgin.

I expected the two colours into the master socket to be orange and white, but they are blue/white and white/blue, the colours that normally go to the extensions.

Any comments, please?

ajingram

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: cable colours of incoming landline phones

Hi there ajingram, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line has not been right recently, and has been cutting out after a few calls. 

I've run some testing on the line, and can see no reason why you should be getting these issues, so I'd now like to look towards booking a technician to call out and investigate further.  I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

With regards to the colours of the wires that are connected, these could be different, as the installer would've connected them externally, it may be in the past that the orange cable was faulty, so it was swapped over to the blue to get a fix. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there ajingram, 

Just thought I'd check to see if you've been able to view my private message from last night, as I've not had a reply. 

If you'd like for me to arrange a technician to call out and take a look at things, please let me know.

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ajingram
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Changed the master socket for a new one. So far so good. Will leave incoming cables as they are, unless I get further problems.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Daverodeb
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I hope you can help

In the VM telephone socket, what terminals do you connect to? I have a white and an orange wire which have both came away from the facia. There are many terminals for the cables to go into.

Regards
0 Kudos