Menu
incredulous
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Woeful customer service

I've had a fault (v.noisy interference) on my home phone line since April 2015. An engineer attended and said I needed the cable re-pulled. I was given a date but nothing happened. No Virgin follow up either.

I called again and was told an engineer would need to come again as only they could rearrange a re-pull. I accepted and was duly given another date (always with a long lead time). Again no show. No Virgin follow up.

This cycle has repeated several times. Nothing happens or is followed up until I call. Virgin staff will not read the notes and then get back to me. They insist on starting again from scratch each time instead of being customer centric. So called customer service have escalated and the construction company manager has promised to prioritise and take personal interest. Again no show. I have been given bits of compensation along the way, but the aggravation is huge compared to any money.

I chased again beginning of Oct and was told the delay was now due to workmen waiting for permit to dig up outside my house. You guessed it - nothing happened since.

Chased today and was told next available slot for re-pull was some time in Feb 2016 (back to the end of some virtual queue which takes no account of previous virgin failures). I obviously said the issue was one of serious customer service failure and I wanted to speak to a manager to get to the bottom of things. However, everyone was 'too busy' and 'did I want the Feb slot or not' !!!!!!!!

This is the worst treatment I have ever received from any company ever. Can someone from Virgin media kindly explain why things are so poor?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Woeful customer service

Hi incredulous,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you've had getting this repull arranged. I totally understand your frustrations.

I'm afraid although we'd certainly like to avoid circumstances like this they can crop up from time to time particularly when permits are required. I can see the last person you spoke to has flagged this to construction as a priority and also raised your concerns. My sincere apologies for time it took to get this arranged for you and the delay in getting it sorted.

If you'd like to come back to us at any point for updates we can certainly take a look at this for you.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
incredulous
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I appreciate your apology but I'm afraid it's just words .... again. No new actions. Just an invite for me to get back to you for updates.

You talk about my case being a 'priority', but the next slot I'm offered is Feb. No one from VM has ever contacted me (in fact I've had customer services tell me on numerous occasions that they can't dial out - how ridiculous and non-customer focused is that for a media company?). I've been the one who has constantly had to chase this repair following numerous disappointments - nothing happens unless I do. I presume you read the case notes which evidence my complaint? This is about the 3rd or 4th time I've been a 'priority'. I suggest VM customer services look up the definition of the word.

Permits? I've had an extension built with full planning permission and building regs control whilst this phone line has been waiting. I think it's VM rather than any permit/council issues responsible for this astounding delay in getting anything done. The council have time frames within which they must respond to this kind of request. It seems VM do not.

By Feb we'll be heading for a year without a home phone line. We've been with you for 7 years - is this what loyalty is worth? I'm guessing a new customer would be sorted immediately....

Shame on you Virgin Media

0 Kudos
incredulous
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My phone line still doesn't work?

Anybody from Virgin media want to help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi incredulous

I'm so sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with your phone line, as you're aware, you're issue has been passed to the engineering managers in your local area so although I'd like to help as much as possible, the maximum is being done to get this resolved.

That being said, I'd like to find out what the team are doing to get this done, so I'll be contacting them right away. When we get a response back, we'll be in touch to let you know.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we'll be in touch

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
incredulous
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting on that promised update about why several months have passed & still my home phone doesn't work?

Always waiting....

I not really looking for another apology, or an answer passing the buck to any 'local engineering dept', but would appreciate a joined up response from the company I took services out with but are continually failing to deliver please.

The only messages I've had since the promise below to 'be in touch' are about price increases & my bill being ready....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there incredulous, 

I've just sent you a private message with an update. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
incredulous
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK,

so I'm now informed that the 'engineering work' has been completed (no digging up has been obvious).

The cable re-pull is once again pencilled in for Thurs 28th Jan AM.

I'll post an update on whether or not the repair is actually completed this time. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi incredulous

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm glad action has been planned to get this resolved. 

We'll be here if there's anything we can help with in the meantime, I'd love to hear how the repull goes.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos