Menu
Steve560
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why is my package so expensive compared to others that have Phone Broadband and Television

Good Morning,

I recently signed up for the Virgin Vivid 100 and Tvmix package, at the time I was told that the phone lines were not available. A day after installation I was informed that Virgin now offer this service and with all 3 is a little cheaper than I am paying now.

If I wish to connect a telephone now Virgin want to charge me £27 for the phone package that I would like.

It looks like my option is to remain with Talktalk for a telephone service only as this is cheaper.

Look forward to your replies Virgin Media.

Steve

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is my package so expensive compared to others that have Phone Broadband and Television

You are just factoring in the additional cost of the landline without the triple-play discount.

Adding a landline discounts your Broadband package by around £12 - £15 a month.

So the actual increase will be the cost of the Talk tariff (Talk More Anytime is £8) plus another £4 - £5.

Give Retentions a call on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Phone) option 1 then 4 then 5. They are the "leaving" department, but they can handle a lot more things than that.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Steve560
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is my package so expensive compared to others that have Phone Broadband and Television

So I had a chat and apparently even after all the months of planning and the disruption in the village with the installation work which is necessary it appears that somewhere someone forgot that people may want a telephone line with their package..... consequently the base package I can have is vivid 100 and Mix Tv to downgrade I am required to have a telephone line ..... How does that work ?

Still I have till Monday to cool off apparently and the loyalty team only work Monday - Friday no wonder you cant get through to them .... 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Steve560 wrote:

So I had a chat and apparently even after all the months of planning and the disruption in the village with the installation work which is necessary it appears that somewhere someone forgot that people may want a telephone line with their package..... consequently the base package I can have is vivid 100 and Mix Tv to downgrade I am required to have a telephone line ..... How does that work ?

Still I have till Monday to cool off apparently and the loyalty team only work Monday - Friday no wonder you cant get through to them .... 

Is you installation HFC (where you have a coax cable to your front wall), or is it Fibre? Fibre installations require a power supply to the box on your front wall (via the inside box).

Fibre installations do not have a phone service, so only TV & Broadband is offered. My understanding was that in these areas customers would be offered VoIP services via their Broadband connection. Has it been made clear to you what type of service you are getting, as they are both treated differently.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Steve560
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Looks like it will be VOIP then !
Appreciate your help I will maintain the landline with Talktalk for now 

0 Kudos