Menu
rjharvey
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why has my landline number changed?

Firstly how difficult do you want to make it to find an email address?  How can a media company not have an email option that is accessible on their website?

I have a landline associated with my Virgin account.  It appears that the number has changed.  This was not made clear to me when I took on responsibility for my account from my landlord.  Can you please confirm that this is a result of the recent changes.

I tried to report/inquire about this via the operator 151 service.  I'm sorry to say that this service is awful as well.  Initially I had to navigate through what seemed like endless menus to get to the bit about household phones.  Then I was told that I was going to have to have my internet and TV interrupted even though you knew there was nothing wrong with them because I had passed over those options.  Then I was asked to give elements of my password to continue.  I gave up at that point.  All I wanted to do was ask a simple questions.  I'm all for automation to an extent but please...

Simple questions:

Did you (Virgin) change my landline number when I took on responsibility for the account?
Did you inform me beforehand that this was going to happen?  (This may be buried in T&Cs somewhere but I'm damned if I can find it.)
At what point were you going to tell me my "new" phone number?  I have no idea how long this has been like this!
Can I change it back to what it was?  My landlord has requested that this be done because otherwise she has to change everything to do with the number with each subsequent tenant?  Likewise all my personnel details are attached to the original number.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why has my landline number changed?

Hi rjharvey,

Thank you for your post on the Community. I'm sorry that you have had such a bad experience dealing with your new service with Virgin Media, especially the problem with getting your telephone number ported over. 

I will get this escalated straight away so that we can get this sorted out for you, but I need to take some further information from you. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi rjharvey,

I'm getting back in touch because I haven't received a response from you since I requested more details from you regarding your post.

Please let me know if you would like for me to look into this issue for you.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
mwill96
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same issue.  Eight days ago I emailed about an issue with my  phone service, our number has changed without discussion. I have had not even an acknowledgement.  On further investigation we have found that our outgoing number appears to have been changed. It is now 0141 573 ****. Our telephone number SHOULD be 0141 776 ****.  Our previous statements have shown the latter to  be our number (see attachment). This has always been our telephone number.  

Can you please email a response as a matter of urgency

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mwill96, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone number seems to have changed. 

This certainly seems to be a fault, as the number I can see on the account is the one you state you should have. So I'd like to arrange for a technician to call out and take a look at things, so that we can get things back on track for you. 

I'll send you a private message so we can get things sorted, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Lunny71
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi. We've also experienced this. Not at all happy, especially as my husband has business cards with our landline number number. It will cost time and money to rectify this. Not to mention all the companies, friends, family we have to inform. Please contact me a.s.a.p. regarding this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI Lunny71

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service.

I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you, if you're still experiencing the issue and you'd like me to do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nmansab
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My phone has also been changed without my consent. Rang 150 spoke to Paul the team leader who got very angry and started shouting at me for asking for his full name. I said he shouldn't be shouting to a customer his reply was "so what if you are a customer". He managed to book an engineer but the phone call has left me very upset. Really don't thing I'll be with virgin for much longer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nmansab

Welcome to the Community, I am so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing and for the level of service you've received so far, it's not what we want for you.

I'm glad to hear that an engineer has been booked and would love to hear how that goes. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos