Menu
Alextaylor27
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why don't I have a phone line?

12 months and still waiting for a phone line .. I'm told that as a phone line can't be installed for me as there are no lines left where I live that the package I signed up for won't process so I am charged more than I signed up for and have less services (the phone line) feels like I'm being ripped off ..
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why don't I have a phone line?

Hi Alextaylor27

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and contact the team in your local area for some information regarding this issue, as soon as I hear back I'll be in touch.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its a sad fact, but VM's inhertied phone systems cannot be increased capacity wise, so the only option is to wait for another customer on your cabinet to leave. As far as your line rental charges are concerned, if you have all three services on your contract then a large portion of this dissapears in discounts to your Broadband (ie. Your broadband would cost about £10 more a month without you having a phoneline on the account). You will find many posts here from people who rent a phoneline, but do not even have the phone plugged in. Having said that, you should still be credited for the months you have been without the service.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexTaylor

I just wanted to let you know that I've had a response back from the engineering manager in your area letting me know this has been escalated to our capacity planning team and we should have an update regarding the capacity very shortly.

Sorry for the delay, I'll be in touch as soon as possible.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos