Menu
Hussains_hitman
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why didn't they port my number!!

I specifically asked virgin to port my landline number from sky, now virgin are telling me that the number is lost because when they asked sky to transfer it over they had already cancelled the subscription. Why am I paying for virgin medias incompetancies?? Can someone tell me why Virgin Media are so useless at life? I called virgin who told me to call sky who told me to call by openreach who told me to call sky who told me to call virgin!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I WANT MY ORIGINAL LANDLINE NUMBER!!
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why didn't they port my number!!

Did you cancel your sky package? If so you didn't follow the process, Virgin cannot port a number on a closed account
0 Kudos
Hussains_hitman
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Of course I cancelled my sky package are you having a laugh? Why would I pay for a package that I wouldn't be using? Regardless, I contacted virgin to ask them to port the number over which they told me they had done. Now they're telling me the number was lost because sky cancelled the service. Please don't tell me I didn't follow the process when I obviously did. This is Virgins fault. Not mine.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like its your fault, you arent supposed to cancel the telephone or broadband, virgin do this for you when the number ports
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hussains_hitman wrote:
Of course I cancelled my sky package are you having a laugh? Why would I pay for a package that I wouldn't be using? Regardless, I contacted virgin to ask them to port the number over which they told me they had done. Now they're telling me the number was lost because sky cancelled the service. Please don't tell me I didn't follow the process when I obviously did. This is Virgins fault. Not mine.

As soon as you give notice cancel your landline from your existing provider you effectively end your lease on its use & it cannot be ported. As per OFCOM's procedures, the entire process must be handled by the provider you are moving too.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos