Menu
psgm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why are Virgin DETERMINED to swindle customers?

I VERY RELUCTANTLY rejoined virgin on 4 march, after having had an extremely torrid time previously, what with them overcharging, claiming we hadn't pre paid, despite prepaying etc. Anyway, I had the phone / broadband / TV combo, and naively assumed it would be a smooth transition - BOY was I wrong!

I contacted BT, they told me that if I want to disconnect I had to pay £31, however if I kept the number all I had to do was tell virgin, and it SHOULD BE A SMOOTH PAINLESS TRANSITION! I told the rep on joining I wanted this, I told the virgin engineer I wanted to keep the number, And guess what - the F@-ed it up!

When I try to ring virgin via 150, I STILL GET BT - thus ringing virgin COSTS MONEY EVEN THOUGH I AM A CUSTOMER! When I test the system, it states the line is engaged - so CLEARLY the line is active, and CLEARLY they have doen SOMETHING!

I have now spoken to SIX DIFFERENT PEOPLE, BEEN HUNG UP ON THREE TIMES AND EACH TIME TOLD A DIFFERENT STORY - OH AND GET THIS< APPARENTLY NOW THEY CLAIM THEY AREN'T EVEN ALLOWED TO PROVIDE COMPENSATION FOR THEIR ERRORS -- YET THEY SEEM MORE THAN CAPABLE OF TAKING MONEY FROM ME!

THIS IS CLEAR BREACH OF CONTRACT BY VIRGIN, AND THUS I MAY WELL HAVE TO LEAVE THEM AFTER LESS THAN A FORTNIGHT! ARE THEY TRAINED TO BE AGGRESSIVE TO CUSTOMERS? ARE THEY MAKING SO MUCH MONEY THAT THEY CAN TREAT THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS WITH CONTEMPT.

I NAIVELY GAVE THEM A SECOND CHANCE _ THEY DO NOT GET A THIRD. VIRGIN IS QITHOUT DOUBT THE WORST TELECOM COMPANY ON THE PLANET 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are Virgin DETERMINED to swindle customers?

If you are still getting BT when you ring 150 your phone is connected to the BT exchange & not to Virgins network Headend. You need to find Virgins master socket & use that, not BT's.

Also if you put a cancellation in to BT, this will prevent your number being ported. Under OFCOM's rules, Virgin must handle the entire process including cancellation of the BT line.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi psgm

I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your service recently, I've located your account using your forum details to be able to take a closer look at this for you.

I can see that a provisional order has been placed on your account for the number port and that you've spoken to our team about being credited for the problems you've had with the service so far, which is good news. 

I'd love to hear how the port goes, I can see it's currently being worked and it's scheduled to go through soon.

We'll be here should there be anything you need assistance with moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
psgm
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No that's not the problem. They have NOT carried out the port of the number. They didn't even bother to register my intent to port the number! And after contacting ANOTHER 3 customer support people they wrote down the WRONG TELEPHONE NUMBER !

0 Kudos
psgm
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've just received a text saying they will connect my service at a day of my choosing, yet WHY are they asking for a date, when they don't even need to see me! This should be done at the exchange NOT my house! **bleep** is wrong with virgin media? How STUPID must you be NOT to be able to do A VERY SIMPLE PROCESS?

The day of my choosing SHOULD have been March 4th 2017, when you installed the box! It's now 20th and STILL getting messages asking when I want it installed! Oh and the irony is, I ALSO keep getting messages welcoming me to my Virgin media service- AGAIN **bleep**!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
psgm
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Isn't it fascinating that when VALID criticism is raised about virgin media with ZERO swear words, Virgin media REMOVE comment and use the "bad language" excuse to excuse their CORRUPT actions!

And they wonder why virgin media customer services are DESPISED. Remember this is how they treat a NEW customer - the same customers they need to spread the word!

Virgin Media are a DISGRACE.

0 Kudos
psgm
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

CLEARLY virgin media do NOT understand the concept of FREE SPEECH ! But then again, neither do they understand the concept of good service!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

using bad language on a public forum is a disgrace. please review the forum rules before posting.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

psgm wrote:
CLEARLY virgin media do NOT understand the concept of FREE SPEECH ! But then again, neither do they understand the concept of good service!

This is a private forum owned and maintained by Virgin media, the concept of free speech is not relevant here, if you came into my house and started swearing I could chuck you out.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

if you start swearing in a public place I could have you arrested. so you can only swear in your own private property.

0 Kudos