Menu
andrewdeacon51
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Where is my landline number?

There's a number of issues on here I'm afraid so placed as best I could.......

Back on 1 Dec my church placed a residential Virgin order for phone and internet. We told them it was tricky so they sent a free engineer 2 days later. Installation day came and turned out the digging hadn't been done - it was a new connection. Cabling man for inside thus wouldn't do anything. Digging team came and dug as marked but found no cable. They filled in pavement and went - this has now subsided which I will need to chase. On 22 Dec TalkTalk disconnected existing service at request of Virgin and wouldn't reconnect without 18 month contract  - ironically they gave us someone else's service for 3 weeks! On 4 Jan Virgin decided Wayleave was needed to dig across Church land we own and quoted 6-8 weeks. This has allegedly been done but they still quote 6-8 weeks.

Question is where is the landline number disconnected on 22 Dec? Will we get it back? Can we divert it to a mobile? Being a church this number is all over the place and will be expensive and time consuming if not impossible to sort out a new number. Feel free to comment on any of the other issues!!

Just to compound this the local OpenReach cabinet has capacity problems so is not always able to supply fibre - hence important to get the Virgin order through.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where is my landline number?

Hi Andrewdeacon51

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced in getting your church connected.

I'd like to take a closer look at the account to see what's being done.So I can do that, would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos