Menu
Mellin
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Where can I find the 30 or so countries that you can call inclusive within the multitalk 1000

I am about to sign my contract with Virgin and am on package with the multi talk 1000 phone package. I rang customer services to find out which international destinations I could call including mobiles that are included in the plan, and was told to look up the top 30 countries to call on the website. I cannot find these anywhere. Any help ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where can I find the 30 or so countries that you can call inclusive within the multitalk 10

Two places

One is here http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/about-virgin-media-fibre-optic/talk-international.html

Also at www.virginmedia.com/callcosts and then find the link for 'Call charges for phone review customers' where there is a specific Multitalk column in the international list.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
MarkOvenden
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where can I find the 30 or so countries that you can call inclusive within the multitalk 10

Sorry but I think it is unacceptable to not provide a simple straight forward. easy to find link of the 30 countries. You are asking customers to PAY you for the "privilege" of using this service but the details of which countries can be called is extremely hard to find. I think this might even break the Consumer Credit Act. You simply MUST make this Top 30 list much more clearly available.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

MarkOvenden wrote:
You simply MUST make this Top 30 list much more clearly available.

There is also now a single Call Costs PDF (for calls from July 2015 and October 2015) for all customers at www.virginmedia.com/callcosts , rather than the separate one I referred to back in April, so that customers can all costs associated with the landline service in a single place.

0 Kudos
MarkOvenden
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry Ben but the link you posted does NOT take us to a "call costs pdf" of the 30 countries available for free under a paid for plan. If I do not receive this information I will have to escalate the complaint to OFCOM. Virgin are breaking the Consumer Credit Act, European law and the OFCOM rules by taking money for a service that it is impossible to find a simple way to find out what we are paying for.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

MarkOvenden wrote:
I'm sorry Ben but the link you posted does NOT take us to a "call costs pdf" of the 30 countries available for free under a paid for plan. If I do not receive this information I will have to escalate the complaint to OFCOM. Virgin are breaking the Consumer Credit Act, European law and the OFCOM rules by taking money for a service that it is impossible to find a simple way to find out what we are paying for.

The specific Top 30 list is on the other link I posted back in April i.e. this one http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/about-virgin-media-fibre-optic/talk-international.html which is found under 'About Virgin Phone' on on the main Phone section of the sales website, and it includes the cost of the standard Talk International call rates.

The call rates are also included in the Call Costs PDF appropriate for the time the call was made. For instance this is the documentation from July http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/010715_Everyday_Call_Charges_V1.pdf

Where from Page 8 it details the cost for calling international destination for all call packages. Where a country is a Top 30 call destination this is detailed. This is the specific detail for Australia:

vmchargeband.JPG

australia.JPG

0 Kudos
MarkOvenden
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm on Multi talk. I did eventually find your long April list of every country in the world, but it requires going thru line by line to look at which are free. I then typed out my OWN list of the countries I can call for free. Pretty darn daft that I needed to do that. Do you not think it makes more sense to just make that list of 30 countries for multitalk customers available in a single easy format? It would help out Virgins cause as it's a good list. Really should NOT be this complicated...is my point!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi MarkOvenden,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you have found it difficult to access the information about the International Talk Plans on our website.

I understand your frustration at how difficult it is to find this list. We do take on board your feedback, as we're always looking to improve the way we do things. I have forwarded your suggestions about making the International inclusive countries list easier to access.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos