Menu
RosRam
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What is the record for the time taken to connect a landline? There must be a prize....

Since signing up with Virgin Media nearly four years ago, we've had no telephone line.  We recently did have an engineer who was very helpful and polite, but he told us that the cab or cob AOS is in very poor condition and that he was unable to connect our telephone.  This is exactly what the original engineer said to us at our initial installation appointment and that it would be connected within the next week.  No change, rang to book an engineer, engineer didn't come, booked again, no engineer.  Gave up, intending to deal with it later when I had time and energy to go through the whole story again.  When my husband rang recently, and made a fuss about this and the terrible quality of our tv service, an engineer did come but we still have no resolution to the telephone issue.  At least the tv now works but still no phone, despite many complaints. Has anybody else had this long a delay?  And what about the £16.99 being taken from my bank account every month for a telephone line that has never been provided? Shall I look on it as a savings account so that, when I sue for my money back, it will be a happy amount?  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the record for the time taken to connect a landline? There must be a prize....

Hi there RosRam, 

I am really sorry to hear that your phone line has never worked, and I would like to welcome you to the forums. 

I have this morning sent an email to the local management team asking for further support on this issue, and to find out exactly what is happening with the phone line. 

As soon as I hear any further information on this, I will let you know. 

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the record for the time taken to connect a landline? There must be a prize....

Hi there RosRam, 

I've sent you a private message with an update on this matter. Please look to the top left of this page where you will see a red envelope icon, click on that and you will see my message. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
RosRam
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still no progress.  All I've had is a message saying that somebody has rung my mobile to talk about this.  No message received on my mobile and no news on any inspection or repair of junction box.  Still no telephone line and it looks like nobody has done anything other than send me an e-mail message to say somebody will ring me to find out what the problem is.  The problem is that the engineer can't connect the telephone line because the junction box is such a mess it isn't usable.  And nobody seems to do anything about that.

0 Kudos
RosRam
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This issue was never resolved.  I had a couple of messages saying somebody had rung me but nobody ever told me if the junction box was ever repaired.  I cancelled my contract on 15th February but am still being billed.  I have messages asking for somebody - anybody - to give me written confirmation that the contract is cancelled and that I am no longer liable for bills.  Cancelling the contract was not easy and the only way to do it is to ring, which gives the customer no written confirmation.  As the customer service phone line has been so awful in the past, with no action taken, I have no confidence in it.

Well done, Virgin Media, you have definitely broken the record for NOT providing a service yet charging for it anyway.

0 Kudos