Menu
kewfriend
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WHEN WILL NETWORK TEAM RESPOND?

More of an information question really?

I effectively have no VM landline at the moment. Today's VM tech killed it - unintentionally - it was pretty useless any - and called on Netowrks to sort it out.

Given that I live in London, first reported the problem in September AND it is the year 2016: to not have a functioning fixed line especially when my wife is a kidney patient, really beggars belief.

No complaints on politeness etc. It;'s just that we need a fixed line. Currently VM have my calls on divert to my Vonage VOIP but that doesnt solve the underlying problem.

SO DOES ANYONE know how long networks will take to respond: I was told anything between a week and a MONTH! Utterly ridiculous in this day and age. To be nearly FOUR MONTHS without a serviceable fixed line is simply unacceptable. Time for OFCOM perhaps?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WHEN WILL NETWORK TEAM RESPOND?

Usually 24 to 48 hours, seems like you have been forgotten about

0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Usually 24 to 48 hours, seems like you have been forgotten about

0 Kudos
kewfriend
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, hopes rise.

In one sense I dont blame Virgin for the poor historical state of Telewest copper but I am flummoxed by its terrible tardiness: 3 months for a fixed line repair makes the old Post Office phones look speedy.

0 Kudos
kewfriend
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK maybe I was being unfair. Today I got a call from VM Network Tech who had arrived unannounced to sort out the problem. In his words "what a dogs dinner", multiple problems, "we'll need to dig up the pit" but he assured me that he would get me running on a temp basis and as good as his word he has.

He couldn't understand why 20 other houses hadn't complained!

TOP TIP: I have a Vonage VOIP line and he set call diverts to this line. All incoming calls now go to it - just in case - but outgoing calls can be made on either.
0 Kudos