Menu
Lee62
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail problem

Anyone help? I have a very basic Samsung GT-E1270 phone on pay as you go - perfectly adequate for my needs. Recently Virgin updated their voicemail system and ever since my screen has shown the cassette icon indicating I have a voicemail even when my voicemail is empty. Most annoying as I don't know at a glance whether I have a voicemail or not.  Spoke to Jeff (Geoff?) in the tech dept on 12th August, after 45 mins of following instructions including removing my battery, puting my sim in my husbands phone, who incidentlly has the identical phone and problem as me, he said that he would send me a new Sim to see if that would solve the problem.  Well, new Sim - same old problem.  I'm reluctant to waste any more time on this  and have just changed my voicemail message to: please don't leave me a voicemail as I may not get it! Has anyone had the same problem and found a fix please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail problem

Hi Lee62,

Thanks for coming in and posting, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

I've been reading here and I can understand your frustration when it comes to Voicemail. I have noticed that you have had some help in the past, which is great, but not something I'm about to explain.

I would like to ask if you can possibly have someone leave you a voicemail, go into your voicemail and then delete the message?

Once this is done, reboot the phone and let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Lee62
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben - but tried this - more than once, but still it shows the cassette when there are no voice mails.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee62,

Cheers for coming back, looks like this will need some help.

I'd like to ge this sorted for you from my end and I'd like to ask If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you very soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Lee62
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Success at last - problem sorted!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Lee

Excellent news, thanks for taking the time to let us know that it's been sortedMan Happy

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide