Menu
Edmund1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail not working

I can access my voicemail, but since I was issued with a new phone(same number as the old one) no-one can leave Voicemail messages for me if I don't answer the phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail not working

Hello Edmund1,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Can I just confirm whether you're using your own answer machine or trying to use our 1571 voicemail service?

If you would like to use our voicemail service you will need to give us a ring on 150 free from a Virgin landline and someone from the customer service team will be able to get this added for you.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Edmund1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The problem relates to my mobile phone number **********.  The Virgin voicemail service was set up some years ago, and I can still access it without difficulty from my mobile.  However, when I do not answer my mobile phone, the caller is unable to post a voicemail message.  Edmund

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edmund,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your post. 

I have just reset your voicemail service on the network.

Please let me know if you are still having problems with voicemail not picking up when you don't answer calls and I'll investigate this further.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Edmund1
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's been reset, and voicemail messages are being recorded, but the voicemail service kicks in immediately, after 0 rings, so I can't pick up any of my calls.  Please reset to 5 rings.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edmund,

There's a really quick and easy way to extend the amount of time your phone rings for before voicemail kicks in.

All you need to do is follow these steps:

• Tap *#67# into your phone, then press the call/answer key.
  • Make a note of the number that's displayed, including the + symbol.
  • Then enter the following code: **61*add the number you noted down**30#
  • Here's an example of how the sequence of numbers might look:          **61*+447890xxxxxx**30#

This will mean that your phone rings for 30 seconds. You can alter this to ring for 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 seconds by replacing **30# with your choice of seconds. E.g. enter **15# if you want it to ring for 15 seconds. The most you can extend it to is 30 seconds.

Press the call or answer key - your phone will do the rest!

These instructions can be found on our main website Help pages: How do I increase the ringing time before voicemail. You can access the Help pages by going to www.virginmedia.com/help.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Edmund1
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No that didn't work, the response was 'there was a problem with this code'.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edmund1,

I'm sorry to hear that this didn't work. I'm not able to manually extend the time it takes for voicemail to pick up, but there are some checks I can do on the network to make sure everything is set up correctly.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edmund1,

Thank you for trying this again as per your pm. I'm sorry that this hasn't worked. Please give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) so that our Mobile Tech team can investigate this further.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos