Menu
Highlighted
SammiO
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail and 1471 not working

Due to a recent power cut my phone line stopped working.  The phone is now fixed but the voicemail and 1471 aren't working.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Voicemail and 1471 not working

First of all you are best checking on the 'Service Status' option on your online Virgin Media account.  This will list any known issues affecting your area.  Just in case there is something mentioned that relates to your issue.

If there are no known issues you would need to contact Virgin Media again - it may require an engineer visit or could be something they resolve remotely.  You may wish to give Virgin Media a call or chat with someone on Live Chat to get this arranged.  Virgin Media staff do respond to messages in this public forum but often take a week or so to reply, so this wouldn't be the quickest way to get a resolution.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello SammiO,

Thanks for posting in the community and thanks for your help backtothefuture Smiley Happy

Sometimes when there's a fault some of the call features can 'drop off'' the line so we just add them back on our end.

We would only usually book a technician for the caller display feature as this can be a problem from the cabinet but everything else we can fix remotely.

I have added the voicemail and 1471 feature back on to the switch so please test them again and let me know if they're working.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

First of all you are best checking on the 'Service Status' option on your online Virgin Media account.  This will list any known issues affecting your area.  Just in case there is something mentioned that relates to your issue.

If there are no known issues you would need to contact Virgin Media again - it may require an engineer visit or could be something they resolve remotely.  You may wish to give Virgin Media a call or chat with someone on Live Chat to get this arranged.  Virgin Media staff do respond to messages in this public forum but often take a week or so to reply, so this wouldn't be the quickest way to get a resolution.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello SammiO,

Thanks for posting in the community and thanks for your help backtothefuture Smiley Happy

Sometimes when there's a fault some of the call features can 'drop off'' the line so we just add them back on our end.

We would only usually book a technician for the caller display feature as this can be a problem from the cabinet but everything else we can fix remotely.

I have added the voicemail and 1471 feature back on to the switch so please test them again and let me know if they're working.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide