Menu
Sanjuk2017
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virign Home Phone Not receiving incoming calls

I used to be on BT Fibre and phone before I wanted to keep the same number and asked for this to be ported over to Virgin Media. Just joined this week but I have an issue with the home phone, I can call out but cannot receive any calls. When I ring from my Mobile phone I get a number not in use.  When I ring Virgin Media they say they have the number and it has been ported over.  Yesterday I plugged the phone into the old BT socket and I could ring out but not receive any calls. Totally frustrated with the call centre staff in India, numerous times they seem to cut you off when raising the issue. Finally got thru to a UK call centre today hopefully they sort it out soon, otherwise I am cancelling my contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virign Home Phone Not receiving incoming calls

Sorry to hear this Sanjuk2017,

The handset would need to be plugged into a Virgin Media installed socket in order for this to perform as expected.

Are you able to locate this within your property?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
starsky135
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also having the same issue, old BT number apparently ported over successfully and outgoing calls work fine, but calling the old number just rings for a whlie then goes to the Virgin Media voicemail service. Been over 2 weeks since the port was requested.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Starsky135

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment, I've located your account to take a closer look at this and can see that the number has been successfully ported. 

With that in mind, we'd like to double check things are as they should be from your end. When you dial your mobile from your home phone, what number do you see? If you can send me a private message with that information that would be great. 

You can do that by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sanjuk2017
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

With my phone plugged into the Virgin Media socket I have never been able to receive incoming phone calls and it still remains that way  since I have had the phone installed 12 days ago. Keep on ringing Virgin and keep being told some team is looking at the issue and that I will be contacted on my Mobile phone within a certain time frame. Up until now I have not been contacted on my mobile, providing me with an update on the issue.  The situation is getting worrying as there are two elderly persons who rely on receiving phone calls from the nurses who advise on their medications.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Sanjuk2017,

Sorry to hear this. :/

I can see that this has been assigned over to a separate team for further investigation.

You should receive contact from them soon regarding this.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos