Menu
OotySW4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Virgin phone service also down in London SW4 area

As well as SW11 area, SW4 area may have no phone service.  We've had no landline for circa 4 days.  Auto-fault check system says no fault on the line but website says engineer on his way. Is he coming from Timbuktu?  Very unhappy customer.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin phone service also down in London SW4 area

Hello,

Sorry that the phone fault in your area is still ongoing. Please see the following post for the latests update: No land line for 4 days SW4/SW11

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
OotySW4
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Terri for latest update.  We've now been without landline for nearly a week.  I've exceeded my mobile phone allowance now and caused various family members to incur big bills ringing my mobile rather than my landline.  Latest estimate for this to be fixed is 2030h Wed 18 May. I am beginning to wonder if that means 18 May 2017.  All that happens with the status update is that a time and date is given for a few hours hence and then when that time is reached another time is given a few hours later, and so on.  This is pointless and now very annoying.  Everyone with a VM landline in SW4 and SW11 needs a more  honest assessment of what on earth is going on and when it will really be fixed.  Please let us all know.  Thank you.  

All Replies
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there OotySW4, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is still being affected by the outage in your area. 

I've double checked on the fault, and can see that it is down to a damaged cable, and the technicians are still working on getting everyone back up and running as soon as possible. This has needed a whole new piece of cable to be laid, and then the programming of a number of lines. The latest update states that about 50% of the lines should now be back up and running, the technicians will be working throughout the night in order to get as many lines back up and running as they can.

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
OotySW4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Huw, thanks for the update.  Better late than never. The info about this issue has been awful.  Can't your engineers communicate better with your customers?   It seems a lot of customers have been without their landlines for, in some cases, nearly a week.   

0 Kudos
Ccws
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Huw, thank you from us as well. I agree with Ooty, it is hard to understand a) why the information you gave yesterday was not given by you or another Moderator earlier b) why this information was not on the Service Status Reports. Customer management 101.

We are part of the 50% still to be connected. 1100 is the latest update - let's hope so.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Ccws
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

...... and now its put back to 1600. Really????

0 Kudos
Ballingdon
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Still out in SW11 .   VM are losing all credibility with the repeated pushback of estimate fix times.  

Whereas previously I rated VM highly, I would now find it very difficult to recommend VM to a friend or neighbour - and I say this, having moved to VM from BT and their infuriating aluminium cables which are prone to fall to pieces when touched.  The failures in the last two weeks have accumulated far more downtime for my phone line than BT over some years.    

Get someone senior who can judge the situation at the outset and give it to us straight.  It should have been clear from the start that this was not a 3 hour job!  The latest failure is now running at 5 days. 

0 Kudos
Ccws
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

.... and now its back until noon on Wednesday. That will complete the full week.

Huw - can you give us some more info?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello,

Sorry that the phone fault in your area is still ongoing. Please see the following post for the latests update: No land line for 4 days SW4/SW11

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
OotySW4
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Terri for latest update.  We've now been without landline for nearly a week.  I've exceeded my mobile phone allowance now and caused various family members to incur big bills ringing my mobile rather than my landline.  Latest estimate for this to be fixed is 2030h Wed 18 May. I am beginning to wonder if that means 18 May 2017.  All that happens with the status update is that a time and date is given for a few hours hence and then when that time is reached another time is given a few hours later, and so on.  This is pointless and now very annoying.  Everyone with a VM landline in SW4 and SW11 needs a more  honest assessment of what on earth is going on and when it will really be fixed.  Please let us all know.  Thank you.  

Ccws
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Agreed!

0 Kudos