Menu
cmclopes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin phone problem: no dial on outcome call

Hi all,

Since my installation date, I never tried to use a phone in my house. Yesterday, I bought a new phone, and I plug it into the BT line plug box. When I make a call to my virgin phone number from my mobile phone, I can hear the ringback tone, but the phone don't ring (and I have the ring sound on).

If I try to make a call using the phone, I don't hear the ring tone.

Can anyone help me, please?

Best regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin phone problem: no dial on outcome call

Hi cmclopes

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems with your phone line at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're not seeing any problems at the moment although as you've already identified there aren't any extra phone sockets at home and the handset you've tried is brand new, I'd like to request that a member of the team in your area take a closer look.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to putting it right as soon as possible.

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you have more than one plug box make sure that you're plugged into the VM one. If your phone requires a power supply make sure it is fitted correctly.

You can check your connection by signing in to My Virgin media and Select service status you'll see the phone section where you can run a test on your

phone, if any fault is found it will organise an engineers visit for you on-line.

cmclopes
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Buffer6 wrote:

If you have more than one plug box make sure that you're plugged into the VM one. If your phone requires a power supply make sure it is fitted correctly.

You can check your connection by signing in to My Virgin media and Select service status you'll see the phone section where you can run a test on your

phone, if any fault is found it will organise an engineers visit for you on-line.

Hi Buffer6,

I only have on plug box in my home, with BT brand logo and the telephone is correctly power supplied.

I ran the test using the "service status" on My Virgin and no errors found.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi cmclopes

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems with your phone line at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're not seeing any problems at the moment although as you've already identified there aren't any extra phone sockets at home and the handset you've tried is brand new, I'd like to request that a member of the team in your area take a closer look.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to putting it right as soon as possible.

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cmclopes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your support. I replied to your private message as well.

Regards,

Carlos
0 Kudos