Menu
emhts
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin phone - new house build

I have a brand new house which has regular phone sockets in. I have a full Virgin install tommorow. Can the installer use my existing sockets for the phone instalation? they have never been used or owned my anyone else (BT), and if not can someone tell me why?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Ruatit
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin phone - new house build

The Virgin engineer will install the master phone socket at point of entry into your house and you will need to connect from that socket to your existing extension (secondary) sockets. Just depends on where your first socket is, in relation to where the Virgin phone socket will be, whether you need to run a cable or not. 

0 Kudos
emhts
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that

1,Does virgin stilll use the "phone cable/wires" that come into the house or do virgin piggy back the phone coms on the back of the broadband/tv cable?

2. I think my master socket is in my lounge as the "phone cable" comes into the house near the front door, but is wired internally untill the soct in the lounge. Would they then have to put a new Virgin socket next to the "House" one?

thanks for your help so far

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the existing master socket has BT Openreach marked on it, it is BT property & Virgin wont touch it. The coax Tv/BB cable that comes to your front wall has a telephone cable bonded to it, & the installer will take this feed to wherever you want the master socket situated.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos