Menu
byoung
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin phone installed a week ago - still no ringtone

Hello

We had Virgin installed last Thursday (23rd Feb). Our phone line has not worked since our Sky was subsequently switched off.. We have rang Virgin support for two nights in a row from my mobile and each time been told it will be live in 24 hours. We still have no dial tone. Rather than spend another 20+ minutes (that I have to pay for) on the phone to no avail I hope that I will have more luck on this forum. I would have emailed but I cant see any email address and every time I try to chat I get told there is no one there.

On Monday night they told us it had not been activated. They activated it and said wait 24 hours. On Tuesday night they told us the temporary telephone number had not been sent somewhere. They said they would do whatever it was they had to do  and it would be live within 24 hours. It is not.

I have read the troubleshooting. It is definitely plugged into the new virgin socket. It was definitely working when we had Sky so the phone itself is fine. When we ordered virgin nearly a month ago we made it quite clear that we needed a phone line because our 85 year old auntie and her carers depend on us and need to be able to contact us 24 hours a day. As it is we've been unreachable for a week. To be honest it is unacceptable.

I cannot face another night on the phone only to be told to wait 24 more hours. I would  like to know how I can get help. Is there an email address I can contact. Can someone from virgin contact me? 

Thank you

Brian Young

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin phone installed a week ago - still no ringtone

takes VM a week or so to get to threads - will flag this and see if i can get them here quicker 

@ModTeam - can someone have a look please - phone line is needed

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin phone installed a week ago - still no ringtone

Sorry to hear about all of this byoung, 

Apologies also for the delay in getting back to you about this

I've located your account and I can see that you've since spoken with the team in regards to this and an engineer appointment has been arranged for you. 

Let me know if there is anything more that I can help with in the meantime, 

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos