Menu
tiger449
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin junction box open door - several months!

I have reported this box open on the Telewest Street Cabinet help-line as no option directly through Virgin. I was a Telewest customer before Virgin took over (14 years ago). I have also got my local councillor involved and a senior staff member responsible for street furniture in Sandwell and he has been unsuccessful this time. A car crashed into the box and bent the side panel and roof badly, last year and since then the door has not shut properly. People have stuck duct-tape in a couple of places between the door and the rear panel. Now if it needs a new lock, do Virgin have access to a locksmith? The box is powered from an adjoining BT junction box I suspect someone local has access to a key to keep undoing it. The Council are strapped for cash so cannot afford a wireless camera or smart-water to trace the offender. BT do get their box locked again very promptly. So details below of location:

Adjoining East Car Park, Gilbert Road, Smethwick (no post code because there are no houses - it is a Council Car Park), near the junction with Waterloo Road. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin junction box open door - several months!

These can be a right pain. The one you mention is clearly visible on Google Streetview from last September.Gilbert rd cab.jpg

Hopefully the Forum Team here can chase this up for you.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Tiger449

Welcome to the Community, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. 

I'll be able to alert the teams in your local area and I'll do so right away, I've also sent you a private message requesting some additional information in case you want to be contacted when there's an update. 

Thanks again and speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Open again!

Threads Merged.

I have attached your new post to the original thread to avoid any confusion.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

These can be a right pain. The one you mention is clearly visible on Google Streetview from last September.Gilbert rd cab.jpg

Hopefully the Forum Team here can chase this up for you.

0 Kudos
tiger449
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant! This is exactly as it is now. I hope someone takes note. Did you mention it was taken by Google? I would like to see some smart-water put to good use to catch who it is that is opening the box. Many thanks for your speedy response, Ian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Tiger449

Welcome to the Community, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. 

I'll be able to alert the teams in your local area and I'll do so right away, I've also sent you a private message requesting some additional information in case you want to be contacted when there's an update. 

Thanks again and speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tiger449
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Open again!

Hello again Craig,

Sorry to have to report the box is open again. Can you work your magic on it? Here's hoping! Many thanks,

Ian McLaren

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Open again!

Threads Merged.

I have attached your new post to the original thread to avoid any confusion.

0 Kudos